Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tambov View Post
    Could I suggest the Broken Pillar? (I think it makes sence to have them originate as Mastigos/Mantriki, being yoga ascetics before branching out to monastic/sufi ascetics, but that's just IMO.)
    Sure. Which book were they in again?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Legacies: the Sublime if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Sublime, definitely. And they were the Fallen Pillar, my bad.

I've put them from Mastigos as I'd thought their whole enlightenment through self-denial thing was very Mastigos.

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

• Stewards of the Celestial Orrery? From the Silver Ladder book I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by codesmithKarl View Post
            Stewards of the Celestial Orrery? From the Silver Ladder book I think.
            Sure. (10 characters!)

Comment

• An incomplete writeup for the Perfected Adepts, posted before completion because I figured people will be more interested in the parts that I did complete.

PERFECTED ADEPTS

Origins

Parentage: Obrimos, Adamantine Arrows

Doctrine

Prerequisites: Life 2, Athletics 2, two dots in one of the following Skills; Brawl, Medicine, Survival, Academics, Weaponry

Magic

Ruling Arcanum: Life
              Yantras: Places prepared for meditation (+1); succeeding on an Athletics roll relevant to the spell (+2); martial arts equipment (+2); acting in service of another (+1, +2 if acting with direct orders from the served)
              Oblations: Meditation after physical exertion; rigorous martial arts practice; feats of endurance; exhibiting humility via willingly serving another

Attainments

First: Qi-Balance Technique
              Prerequisites: Initiation
              As the Monk balances her inner energies, the general balance (or imbalance) of others become apparent to her. This Attainment replicates the "Analyze Life" spell, with Reach assigned to instant use.
              Optional: Forces 1
              The Adept's inner peace spreads to his outer form. After a scene of quiet meditation, his movements are refined as per the "Kinetic Efficiency" spell. Reach is assigned to Advanced Duration.

Second: Flowing Chakra Method
              Prerequisites: Life 2, Athletics 3
              The Monk releases life-force through her own chakra points and into those of another. She can use Mana to heal others as per Pattern Restoration. Spending a point of Willpower while doing so allows her to employ Improved Pattern Restoration.
              Optional: Forces 2
              When the Adept charges energy to release it, he does so with agility born from discipline. By spending a point of Mana when using Precise Force, the Monk can target subjects moving faster than a casual walk.

Third: Body-as-Temple Focus
              Prerequisites: Life 3, two dots in a second Skill among the optional prerequisite Skills
              If the body is a temple, the Monk is both its god and high priest. This Attainment replicates the "Body Control" spell, with Reach assigned to instant use and Advanced Duration.
              Optional: Forces 3
              A temple does not stand isolated, and the Adept's focus spreads beyond his own form. This replicates the "Telekinetic Strike" spell, with Reach assigned to instant use.

Fourth: Unmarred Body Discipline
              Prerequisites: Life 4, Athletics 4
              The Self is Supernal, and the Supernal ought to be unmarred by the Fallen. The Monk may also use Body Autonomy under the following circumstances:
              She is targeted by supernatural powers that would reduce or deny her Initiative, Defense, or Speed traits.
              She is targeted by supernatural powers that would impair her Perception rolls.
              She is targeted by attacks that would inflict a Physical Condition on her.
              Optional: Forces 4
              Mastery over the Self is mastery over the World and its crude powers. When he uses Environmental Immunity, the Monk may spend one more point of Mana to invert any dice penalties the nullified environments into dice bonuses. The bonuses cannot exceed his own Forces dots.

Fifth: Supernal Prana Form
              Prerequisites: Life 5, two dots in a third Skill among the optional prerequisite Skills
              The Monk's body is finally perfected enough to be open to the cosmic flow, her enlightenment exalting her form beyond the undisciplined. By spending a point of Mana, she may boost one of her Physical Attributes as per the "Honing the Form" spell. Reach is assigned to instant use, Advanced Duration, and going beyond her natural maximum rating.
              Optional: Forces 5
              The Adept is a living nexus of the world's pulse, and he has mastered its torrents and currents. He can redirect and deflect moving objects as per the "Turn Momentum" spell. Reach is assigned to switching the primary factor to Duration, reflexive use, and controlling where the objects are turned to.

Comment

• Very nice on the Perfected Adepts 21C Hermit!

Is there a reason you went with Analyze Life over Cleanse the Body?

I like the way you are extending the Mage template abilities and Arcanum Attainments, like with Pattern Restoration, in Flowing Chakra Method. Definitely more interesting than yet-another-spell.

For Body-as-Temple Focus, why the Reach on Instant Casting and Advanced Duration? Instant Casting, I can see for the immediate need of toxin slowing and breath control, such effects could be reapplied as needed, right? What about the 1/0 Armor Reach option? Or maybe the +2 Reach option for halving injuries, with the additional limitation of affecting only the Adept themselves? Or was part of the purpose behind both Instant Casting and Advanced Duration to make it so they could enhance all their fellows as well?

Telekinetic Strike at-will - ranged punching, then?

So, for the Optional Forces effect in Unmarred Body Discipline - inverting Environmental Tilts - how is this supposed to operate? They perform better in extreme heat and hurricanes?

So, for Supernal Prana Form's Turn Momentum: Advanced is to offer the Dodge effect, yes? But if it is Reflexive, wouldn't you just be able to apply it whenever needed anyways? If the Perfected Adept has Time 1+, could they redirect bullets?

On the subject of modifying how Attainments and template abilities work, what about Scouring others (some spells already do this, like Devouring the Slain) or objects? Or applying Mage Armor to an area (or inverting it upon another)?
                Last edited by Vent0; 08-13-2018, 10:28 AM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Thanks for getting to the Adepts!

I second Vent0 in a couple ideas though. I'm not too sure on why Body Control has the Instant Casting reach. I'd think it fits the theme a bit better for that spell being a self-buff only. Also I'd think that Kinetic Blow might be a better thematic option than Telekinetic Strike.

Comment

• Originally posted by aceDiamond View Post
                    Thanks for getting to the Adepts!

I second Vent0 in a couple ideas though. I'm not too sure on why Body Control has the Instant Casting reach. I'd think it fits the theme a bit better for that spell being a self-buff only. Also I'd think that Kinetic Blow might be a better thematic option than Telekinetic Strike.
                    Telekinetic Strike is what they had in 1e.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Telekinetic Strike is what they had in 1e.
                      My jaw's on the floor.

Wouldn't have thought I had that go that far over my head, haha.

Comment

• Without reach for sensory range the 3 dot attainment is touch range. Yes you can throw it but that's not immediately obvious when reading, so you might want to note that in the description.

Also your naming convention smells like Exalted, which i find unfitting but it's your write up.
                        Last edited by Menace; 09-04-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menace View Post
                          Also your naming convention smells like Exalted, which i find unfitting but it's your write up.
                          A little Exalted flavor is fine here, I think.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Hey, I know it's been a while, but I was wondering if you'd be interested in updating the Sodality of the Tor?

Comment

• Wanted to thank you for doing this, as the changes to Legacies was a big factor in my refusal to use 2nd edition, but you're making it easier. Specific legacies I'm 'saving' of yours, Tamers of Fire, Bokor, and Transhuman Engineers. I know its' been said they probably won't, but I really wish Onyx Path would just print updated versions of all legacies, even if it's just like a free 'errata' PDF.

That said, if you are still working, I'd like to see Forge Masters, as one of my NPCs that my players regularly hire the services of is one of them. She's an aftermarket car mechanic, so for the right price she'll reforge your car in Siderite haha.

Comment

• Updating Forge Masters is very tricky at this point, because full rules for perfected metals aren't out yet. They will be in the upcoming "Signs of Sorcery". Until then, I can offer you some sample Yantras:

Forge Masters
                                Succeeding on a Crafts or Weaponry roll relevant to the spell (+2)
                                Tools of craft; such as hammers, pliers, anvils, furnaces (+1, +2 for a functional forge)
                                Self-made handiwork (+1, +2 if tailored to the spell)
                                Perfected metals (+2)

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Working...
                                X