Temporal Sympathy: Post-Errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's pretty clear.

unlike Sympathetic Range, Temporal Sympathy can only be used on Time spells that call for it and other spells Combined with them.
    The part about combined spells seems to be the source of the confusion, but to me that only means that you can combine Time Spells that requieres Temporal Sympathy (most of the spell that can use it are essentially useless without it) with other spells. It's not supposed to expand what spells may use the attainment. For example, you could Rewrite History to give someone a skill dot in a skill he doesn't have, and then use a Perfecting Mind spell to augment it. You are not augmenting the skill in the past, but in the present. Rewrite History and Temporal Sympathy just gave you the one starting dot you needed to use your Perfecting spell since you cant cast a Patterning one.

Comment

Originally posted by EW-Matias View Post
      I think it's pretty clear.

The part about combined spells seems to be the source of the confusion, but to me that only means that you can combine Time Spells that requieres Temporal Sympathy (most of the spell that can use it are essentially useless without it) with other spells. It's not supposed to expand what spells may use the attainment. For example, you could Rewrite History to give someone a skill dot in a skill he doesn't have, and then use a Perfecting Mind spell to augment it. You are not augmenting the skill in the past, but in the present. Rewrite History and Temporal Sympathy just gave you the one starting dot you needed to use your Perfecting spell since you cant cast a Patterning one.
      This explanation has made the most sense so far; it ties together everything that people have been trying to pound into my head for this whole thread. The Time + Temporal Sympathy spell goes into the past and does <X>, and the Combined spell(s) do <Y> where ever the subject happens to end up. This covers all examples in the thread:
      • Rewrite History doesn't actually send you back, so the effect Combined happens in the present.
      • If you traveled back in time using Temporal Sympathy and then also cast a Combined spell, that spell would start affecting you once you arrived back in the past.
      • Postcognition Combined with a spell allowing you to see spirits first gives you the magical TV screen into the past, and then allows you to see spirits on said TV screen (which means the spirit spell is happening in the present).
      Most importantly, no spontaneous fireballs materializing from the future... Although mage might materialize from the future and and then shoot the fireball.
      Last edited by projectmoon; 03-06-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X