[2E] Long Duration spells 'mutating'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Long Duration spells 'mutating'

I uncovering lately that I still do not understand how, exactly, works 'spell mutating' in 2E. I got this from that post:

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    Unless the mage keeps the spell under their spell control (which nobody would for a whole year) the spell would start mutating. That's why it's called unsafe relinquishing and frowned upon.
    Alter what Time spells long casted - for example one year - would start to mutating?

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

It's under spell control on page 118. It's the reason why you'd ever want to spend a dot instead of point to relinquish a spell.
    One "chapter" is around one week in length, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Basically, spells mutate because paradox seeps in, and changes all the spell factors and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        One "chapter" is around one week in length, if I remember correctly.
        Durations of Paradox Condition suggest that one chapter is roughly one day.

Comment

Each day. That's why I'm constantly talking about a dispel-and-recast-in-the-morning routine for casters who can do that.

Originally posted by MCN View Post
          Basically, spells mutate because paradox seeps in, and changes all the spell factors and stuff.
          Dave posted once that while it uses mechanics of Paradox, it isn't paradox or abyssal in nature.

Comment

Oh. That's way more brutal than I thought it was.
            On page 215 it says that a chapter is one game session, and my group rarely has a game session that takes place during a single day, so that might be why we've mistaken the in-game length of a chapter.

Comment

Working...
            X