First time playing mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
    This is giving me flashbacks to an old game that ended up involving Ascended bees.

Shine on, you beautiful fucking diamond, you.
    what I really want to do is make the bees sentient, then study them having existential crisis of purpose. I'm not sure why. I just think it would be fun. If I can make a bee awaken it'll bee even better.

pls respont

Comment

Originally posted by cerealkiller View Post
      I couldn't just "augment life" or something to take regular bees and make them into giant bees?
      Well, changing the size of a creature should simply be a Life 3 spell, but doing that would kill the bee due to simple biology/geometry/physics. You could increase the weight by a factor of eight but that would only increase the area of the wings and the area of the cross section of limbs by four. The thickness of the exoskeleton would only double and be incredibly fragile in comparison to the new size. This is what limits the size of life on our planet. An insect has a hard upper limit for how big it can be. I think 18 kg exceeds that limit, but even if it doesn't you'd have to redesign the entire bee just so it can survive. And then there would still be no fucking way it could fly.

Now, it should be completely possible to create a magic bee that size that shits all over the laws of physics, but the Transform Life option of creating a Lasting species (via the +2 Reach option) (which was what I tried to reply to) of such bees is completely out the window. Such a bee must have a continuous magical effect keeping it going.

Comment

what I really want to do is make the bees sentient, then study them having existential crisis of purpose. I'm not sure why. I just think it would be fun. If I can make a bee awaken it'll bee even better.
        Mind 5 Psychic Genesis.

By the way for bigass flying insects check out Japanese hornets. They're ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Mind 5 Psychic Genesis.

By the way for bigass flying insects check out Japanese hornets. They're ridiculous.
          I mostly want to do bees so I can do this under the guise of "saving the environment"

pls respont

Comment

I want to see what happens. I don't know why, I just want to.
            What I really want to do is make the bees sentient, then study them having existential crisis of purpose. I'm not sure why. I just think it would be fun.
            Addiction to Mysteries. For someone who never played Mage, you really get what it's about.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

So, has anyone shown you this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
                BEEEEEESS
                We'll have the best bees, the strongest bees, the busiest and buzziest bees. The most yellow bees, beelieve me.
                Last edited by cerealkiller; 03-18-2017, 01:45 PM.

pls respont

Comment

Don't let your Spells go haywire.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Working...
                  X