Netflix Iron Fist TV series is great Adamantine Arrow story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    The Arrow has a left-handed legacy on this principle, I think.
    It's actually interesting what the Arrow doesn't like. Traitors, pacifists, and cannibals. The legacy is the cannibal one. Big fan of them, inside of mage I'd view it as an extension of the Tremere, as it's centuries old and heavily influenced by the dragon, which apparently the Tremere brought into the equation. But looking at the bigger picture I'd attribute some of the hunt we get with werewolf.

They can be serial killers, but aren't necessarily. Hannibal Lecter, as depicted in the recent show, would fit very well. He might have been an outcast from the Awakening Gambit.
    Last edited by nofather; 03-21-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah, and all your victims probably suffer a sheer heart attack.

As for the Legacy, huh. Which one? Probably the cannibals? Also, how much does it tell about how assholeish is Pentacle in our games if I'm going to say that something like this probably wouldn't be branded Left Handed as long as it doesn't mess with souls or targets another mages?

I have a desire to write up an Arrow who targets their victims for something [probably something horrible], uses a spell to send them back in time to prevent them from doing their horrible thing [rape, murder, etc] by killing them in the past; not only you proved your superiority by quenching their life, you also have undone THEIR act of conquering another soul and fulfilling their desire.
      And nobody will ever know.

EDIT
      This would wonderfully benefit from a shared membership in both Guardians and Arrows, imho.
      Last edited by WHW; 03-21-2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Arrow Mages who hunt and eat people definitely going to be Left-Handed, no matter who they target. That's not what the Order is about, as can be seen by the left-handed nature of said Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by WHW View Post
          Also, how much does it tell about how assholeish is Pentacle in our games if I'm going to say that something like this probably wouldn't be branded Left Handed as long as it doesn't mess with souls or targets another mages?
          Honestly, I'd say that just makes them seem weird and sociopathic. The assholeish thing for the Pentacle to do would be to condemn the legacy but do little to police it.

Comment

Returning to original topic - in later half of season, Danny learns how to heal by Chi - sounds to me as next confirmation he would be Perfected Adept as mage and got new and shiny dot in Life.

As to Harold - more I watch him, more I think he would be Revenant from 1E - undead ghosts that returned to his own body, resurrecting it. But not truly...

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

And going over by later series - The Hand is totally Seers of Throne, probably General older Cult.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Did they ever get into what the Hand wants? They always seemed ambiguous but I've not read a lot of their stories.

Comment

Presumably they're saving the end goal of the Hand's efforts in New York for the Defenders. They alluded to a few things during Daredevil's two seasons, in particular something called "The Rising," for which they apparently need a whole mess of blood and unfettered access to or ownership of certain areas of the city. I'm thinking some massive geomantic ritual, if we're sticking to Mage. Sacrifice, ley lines, resonance... fun times.

I could see the Hand as Seers, true, but the General...? I don't know. The General is the Exarch of indiscriminate violence, or at least the fear thereof. The Hand are ruthless, true, but they seem far more focused on a specific goal, inscrutable though it may seem. Plus their stated gimmick is the fact that they've seemingly conquered death, so something related to the Psychopomp would be more fitting.

Comment

With Season 2 Episode 5 Danny's talk about being Iron First equated to 'feeling the Dragon inside' - I start to suspect he can much better work as Beast with Asian Dragon as his Horror. Then his Family would, probably, be Anakim ( as he is 'Immortal Iron Fist' ) and Hunger for Punishment, as shown in TV series.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

If thread necromancy is happening, I might as well share this thing I wrote up after watching The Defenders year or so ago, and was reminded of after watching Iron Fist season 2 (which I thought was pretty fun). Minor spoilers from The Defenders below.

K’un-Lun, the City of Immortals.

It is a Time-Before city with actual living people and a weird supernatural being that may or may not be a dragon, existing within the Gauntlet and held in place by a number of secret symbol-structures and overall secrecy.

Their magic is strange and primarily internal, from a combination of their unique training methods and the influence of what remains of K’un-Lun’s unique cosmology. In short, they practice kung-fu magic. Think MtA 1st edition Adamant Hand with maybe a bit of Witch Finder’s Street Magic Mysteries tossed in, over 2nd edition mechanics. The intended mechanic is an expanded set of fighting styles that incorporate magical effects into the maneuvers.

In any case, they have trouble casting at range and using improvised magic, making K’un-Lun trained warrior-mages usually an interesting but novel encounter for their modern equivalents outside of exceptional characters and K’un-Lun’s own masters

The Iron Fist, the Living Weapon. A specialized mage empowered by K’un-Lun’s magic that defends the city after exhaustive training. Their main gimmick is becoming platonically perfect as they access their own symbol-forms (gaining Ochema-esque qualities) and able to transmute themselves (or their fists, mostly the fists) into living Mana that can wallop just about anything.

The Iron Fist doesn’t just guard the city from The Hand, but also from outsiders who, by directly observing the city would desecrate it with their dissonance. If those anchors were damaged by Sleeper observation or enemy action, K’un-Lun would be obliterated by Paradox.

The Hand is an independent Order founded and lead by the 5 Exiles from K’un-Lun. They want to return in their city, and a good bit of bloody revenge for being exiled in the first place. Specifically, they seek artifacts from their Time Before, artifacts unique to the murdered timeline that K’un-Lun is from. In addition, they also are all about consolidating power to both exploit and to gain protection from the Fallen World.

The Hand is about as potent as one of the Greater Seer Ministries when they consolidate their power, but only for that specific location. Otherwise, their low numbers and relative obscurity puts them on par with the smaller Ministries or Nameless Orders, who usually have the upper hand in raw occult power. Their potency lies in the mystic warrior-assassins they train, the considerable social assets they’ve acquired over the years, and the full knowledge of K’un-Lun specific artifacts and magic (they may have advanced knowledge of other Supernal Artifacts, but in general they’re as freaked out as any other mage if they encounter an Artifact or something associated with a Time Before timeline/civilization that’s not their own).

The Black Sky is The Hand’s equivalent of the Iron Fist. Less powerful, but easier to make. Usually gets the job done. Can be a very powerful quintessence though.

The Chaste- a smaller independent Order that opposes The Hand and protects K’un-Lun artifacts (So they fight off Seers and Pentacle as well), and K’un-Lun itself by keeping it as secret as possible. They also practice Kung-fu magic. They also tend to lose pretty badly.

Comment

Originally posted by WHW View Post
                        Yeah, and all your victims probably suffer a sheer heart attack.

As for the Legacy, huh. Which one? Probably the cannibals? Also, how much does it tell about how assholeish is Pentacle in our games if I'm going to say that something like this probably wouldn't be branded Left Handed as long as it doesn't mess with souls or targets another mages?

I have a desire to write up an Arrow who targets their victims for something [probably something horrible], uses a spell to send them back in time to prevent them from doing their horrible thing [rape, murder, etc] by killing them in the past; not only you proved your superiority by quenching their life, you also have undone THEIR act of conquering another soul and fulfilling their desire.
                        And nobody will ever know.

EDIT
                        This would wonderfully benefit from a shared membership in both Guardians and Arrows, imho.
                        Two words: Thread Cutters.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

I ran into this too when checking them out at the beginning of the thread, it does introduce them as fingers, but phalanxes is correct.

P40, 'The Adamant Way begins with the Hand. Each “finger” (normally called a Phalanx when referring to Arrow philosophy) reveals some truth about the nature of magic and conflict.'

I really like the Arrows, and think their book is probably the most interesting of the Pentacle Order books.

You think they meant "Phalanges"?

Grump, grouse, and/or gripe.

Comment

Working...
                          X