Signs of Sorcery Release date?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of Sorcery Release date?

Does anyone know when its coming out as a PDF? Any clue as to how much it will cost? Really excited about this book!

Also, I recently started a recruitment thread for a Mage PbP over on GITP if anyones interested. We need a ST! links here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...9#post21825129

"When it's done" and "About 20 dollars US for a PDF" are the usual answers. Hard deadlines aren't something the nature of the industry allows for, and Dave's got Signs, Tome of the Pentacle, Deviant, and a Beast book in his inbox, last I heard, so patience is probably called for. Even if it went to Mike tomorrow, it'll be a month or three at least before it gets through art and layout, depending on the backlog.

Patience is the order of the day.

Comment

Ahh, I saw it was under the Jan/Feb/March section of the release schedule and got all excited.I will embrace patience as much as I possibly can.
      Looking forward to more of the Wizard of Aus actual play by the way, sounds like a great game.

Comment

Thanks! I am actually in the middle of writing up the next few posts for it right now. The game actually just finished the first arc yesterday and began its second, so I'm playing catch-up on it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Katana1515 View Post
          Ahh, I saw it was under the Jan/Feb/March section of the release schedule and got all excited.I will embrace patience as much as I possibly can.
          Yeah, the estimated windows in on the Current Works page are never anywhere near accurate. I'm surprised they still put those up at all.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised that they're working on the book AFTER SoS. That seems strange. But I'll admit I didn't know that he was also working on Beast and Deviant. That's quite a bit to put on one person.

Comment

The problem isn't patience or Onyx's inability to give a date, the problem is that after the whole Paradox buyout we are all feeling a little gun shy.
              ​They've done their best to reassure us but the fear, either of really long delays or the game lines being ripped out from under them, won't subside until we see everything is moving smoothly again on these games.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ptTakrill View Post
                The problem isn't patience or Onyx's inability to give a date, the problem is that after the whole Paradox buyout we are all feeling a little gun shy.
                ​They've done their best to reassure us but the fear, either of really long delays or the game lines being ripped out from under them, won't subside until we see everything is moving smoothly again on these games.
                Really long delays wouldn't be a new thing under Paradox's management, but I do see what you mean.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ptTakrill View Post
                  Paradox doesn't really seem to be dragging out approvals and, even if that were the issue, their approvals come later in the process.

Plus, OPP has contracts for a lease for a given term. Unless they really fuck up somehow, Paradox isn't just going to rip the license away.

Comment

I stopped asking about Signs of Sorcery. Pestering Dave or anyone else at OPP will not get the book released any quicker or provide us with a firm release date, and all it accomplishes is annoying Dave.

I'm simply hopeful it will be released before the end of the year, and if we're very, very lucky, by GenCon. I am optimistic, but remain realistic about OPP release dates.

I would also love to see Tome of the Pentacle added to the Monday Meeting Notes. As a native New Yorker, I'm anxious to see the full setting write-up for NYC.

Comment

Hmm, so the Mage developer has been burdened with Deviant development as well. I gave very little attention to the latter line so far, therefore I was not mindful of that. Well, this in combination with SoS getting stalled while they finished the 2e rulebook might help explain why SoS has languished in development for a year, which by apparent OPP standards about many other CoD, WoD, Trinity, and Scion books seemed a remarkable delay to me (I have negative interest in Exalted so I paid no attention to Ex3 drama).

Comment

Originally posted by Irioth View Post
                        Hmm, so the Mage developer has been burdened with Deviant development as well..
                        Although time consuming and low paying, I don't believe Dave views his role as the developer of Deviant or Mage as a "burden." In fact, precisely because of the low pay and resource demands, they're likely labors of love.

While I, too, am anxious for the release of Signs of Sorcery, it's not stalled, nor is it late in comparison to other CofD supplements. For instance, Secrets of the Covenants, the first Requiem supplement was only just released, and Requiem was published years before Awakening 2e.

Comment

"Burdened" seems like a curious word choice. I imagine Dave took the project because he was interested in it, not because it was assigned.

Comment

If he is not payed for it he doesn't need to do it. It's obvious. The problem is that FAQ and multiple erratas are part of publishing a game. Look at any of the popular rpgs or board games. They all have it and I doubt that everywhere it is an unpaid work.

[2E] Moinen's Homebrew Hub

Comment

Deviant's not a burden. It's a priviledge. What I'm not paid for is being here and responding to threads like this. That's something I'm perfectly happy to do given time, but understand that my priorities are elsewhere right now.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Working...
                              X