No announcement yet.

Alternate rules for Wisdom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they should be called something different to avoid this confusion!

I nominate... Arcadia for one, and Hippietown for the other

Very clear you see

Comment

Why not just not call Changeling Arcadia "Faerie"?

Comment

Thinking about it, why would anyone refer to c!Arcadia as Arcadia? The original (and still most common, I think) idea of Arcadia was a naturalistic utopia. Why would changelings refer to the realm of their abusers Arcadia? Or is it the True Fae that chose the name and everyone keeps using it out of convenience? I don't know enough about Changeling yet.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          Thinking about it, why would anyone refer to c!Arcadia as Arcadia? The original (and still most common, I think) idea of Arcadia was a naturalistic utopia. Why would changelings refer to the realm of their abusers Arcadia? Or is it the True Fae that chose the name and everyone keeps using it out of convenience? I don't know enough about Changeling yet.
          Probably because people don't know it's populated by (or perhaps, it is) a collection of godlike beings utterly incapable of human empathy. At a first glance, it really does look like a utopia where all your dreams and fantasies come true. And the worst part is, they often do come true. Just not in the way you expected, wanted, or needed it to be.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
            A quick wiki-dive brings up the descriptive phrase "unspoiled, harmonious wilderness" — the place is essentially the canvas of a bunch of ur-escapists walled off from the borderland of pain and pathos that links it to the world of flesh and iron.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Back to the original topic- how about going back to the simpler words, and using something like Vows for the concept of Wisdom-Oaths?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                Back to the original topic- how about going back to the simpler words, and using something like Vows for the concept of Wisdom-Oaths?
                Yeah, I changed it.

Comment

I really like this because it parallels Humanity from Vampire. Vampires lose Humanity as the Beast takes control. Mages lose Wisdom as the Magic takes control. Mage is still a horror game; it's nice to see the magic itself as a source of horror (not just the misuse of magic, but the "malevolent will" of the magic itself).

This also fits with the Mysterium's "magic is alive" ethos.
                  Last edited by galivet; 03-21-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I dislike the social rolls penalties and some other heavy handed mechanical applications of this. I would definitely drop the penalties, as they are finnicky and annoying to track, while also kinda shitting on certain character archetypes that are forced to eat heafty penalty for no good reason just to function [pretty much any character who wants to do a lot of social stuff will be constantly annoyed by the fact that they are punished for not being paragons of Gnosis just to do their basic stuff, while physically heavy or mentally heavy characters can participate in their niches without problems]

Comment

Originally posted by WHW View Post
                      I dislike the social rolls penalties and some other heavy handed mechanical applications of this.
                      I prefer to have mechanic and fluff intervened. Note that social rolls between mages are not penalized - even half-Mad character with Wisdom 2 can function in Consilium just fine. It his "normal life" what is get penalized, and that provides motivation to stop caring about it even more and pursue Obsessions without limitations.

Comment

Working...
                      X