Hedge Ghost Familiar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedge Ghost Familiar

It just been reveal that Ghosts will be a thing in the Hedge including Goblin and Changeling ghosts, human ghosts, and ghosts created from emotions and icons (pieces of a persons soul that become ghosts some how) and it occurred to me that this is, an opportunity for Mates to have new and strange ghosts familiars.

Anyone have thoughts on this issue.

Do they have new Numinas? And thinking about that, it is possible to have a Hedge Spirit as well?

Homebrews:
    Vampire Bloodlines: Abhartach, Kiasyd
    Ordo Dracul Coils: Hunger, Primal Blood
    Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Comment

Well according to Rose they use the Hedge Ghosts Emphereal rules.

I don't know if there will be Hedge Spirits I don't even know if Hedge Ghosts are even Ghosts as far as Mages are concerned.

The can be caused by humans, changelings, and goblins dying in the Hedge similar to Underworld Ghosts, but piece of souls called Icons can also become Hedge Ghosts as can intense emotions.

I just started this thread to explore how Mages might interact with such entities.
      Last edited by Omegaphallic; 04-14-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Meghan, Rose's co lead developer said their are separate entities. Hedge Ghosts use Glamour, not Essence.

Comment

Funny, we already played with a homerule that strong emotions can create Ghosts, because or GM liked the idea that ghosts are just mental-emotional imprints with the most common trigger for that being trauma and death.
          Mostly because seeing your own ghost while you are still alive, or multiple ghosts of the same person, was rad as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by WHW View Post
            Funny, we already played with a homerule that strong emotions can create Ghosts, because or GM liked the idea that ghosts are just mental-emotional imprints with the most common trigger for that being trauma and death.
            Mostly because seeing your own ghost while you are still alive, or multiple ghosts of the same person, was rad as hell.
            Actually.....in some mythos poltergeists are just strong emotional imprints like sort of "ghost of a living person"

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
              Meghan, Rose's co lead developer said their are separate entities. Hedge Ghosts use Glamour, not Essence.
              I regret all the times I wanted to respond to this topic and say "The ghosts are glamorous". Uugh I should have made this joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bristark View Post

Actually.....in some mythos poltergeists are just strong emotional imprints like sort of "ghost of a living person"

I also love this kind of ghost: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikiry%C5%8D

Comment

Originally posted by WHW View Post
                  I also love this kind of ghost: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikiry%C5%8D
                  Masters of Death can definitely do that at the very least and not counting weird outside cases.

Technically, I suppose any projection spell or being in Twilight can fake it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Masters of Death can definitely do that at the very least and not counting weird outside cases.

that would make a fun changeling Contract!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

That sounds more like Goetics to me then Ghosts, while Hedge Ghosts are something in between with a fairy twist.

If you can have Hedge Ghost Familiars then it might be possible to trade Glamour for Mana like a regular familiar trades essence for Mana.

Comment

That sounds more like Goetics to me then Ghosts, while Hedge Ghosts are something in between with a fairy twist.

If you can have Hedge Ghost Familiars then it might be possible to trade Glamour for Mana like a regular familiar trades essence for Mana.
                        Death 5, Create Ghost.

Comment

You could still do a Goetic Version with Mind 5.

Comment

You could still do a Goetic Version with Mind 5.
                            No one said you couldn't.

Comment

I know that Dave B. had no idea Hedge Ghosts we're going to be a thing when he and his Mage 2e team designed the Familiar rules, so I'm curious to know if there is any plans to explore familiars outside of the Spirits, Ghosts, and Goetics, such as Hedge Ghosts or are they like Angels, beyond the reach of Mages as far as Familiars are concerned?

Comment

Working...
                              X