X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    I don't know if a dev or writer has clarified, but it seems to me the most obvious problem of trying to have an Angel as a familiar would be that there is no Arcanum that corresponds to Angels. Hedge Ghosts would most likely be perfectly viable familiars by using a Fate and/or Death variant of the Familiar spell, depending on what Arcanum/Arcana governs Hedge Ghosts.
    Prime + Spirit was once suggested as "stopgap" rules by Dave a long time ago. I've heard that he changed it to some other pair, but can't recall it now - was it Prime + Fate?

Anyways, seems that Prime is many people's go-to Arcanum for dealing with the Machine's phenomena.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    I don't know if a dev or writer has clarified, but it seems to me the most obvious problem of trying to have an Angel as a familiar would be that there is no Arcanum that corresponds to Angels. Hedge Ghosts would most likely be perfectly viable familiars by using a Fate and/or Death variant of the Familiar spell, depending on what Arcanum/Arcana governs Hedge Ghosts.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    The Wyrd doesn't look like a jealous god like the Machine is, so I suppose Hedge ghosts can be familiars if they want.

Of course, as all things are in a Mage game, being able to do it rarely equates being safe to do it... Story hooks!

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    I know that Dave B. had no idea Hedge Ghosts we're going to be a thing when he and his Mage 2e team designed the Familiar rules, so I'm curious to know if there is any plans to explore familiars outside of the Spirits, Ghosts, and Goetics, such as Hedge Ghosts or are they like Angels, beyond the reach of Mages as far as Familiars are concerned?

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    You could still do a Goetic Version with Mind 5.
    No one said you couldn't.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    You could still do a Goetic Version with Mind 5.

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied

That sounds more like Goetics to me then Ghosts, while Hedge Ghosts are something in between with a fairy twist.

If you can have Hedge Ghost Familiars then it might be possible to trade Glamour for Mana like a regular familiar trades essence for Mana.
    Death 5, Create Ghost.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Masters of Death can definitely do that at the very least and not counting weird outside cases.

Technically, I suppose any projection spell or being in Twilight can fake it.
    That sounds more like Goetics to me then Ghosts, while Hedge Ghosts are something in between with a fairy twist.

If you can have Hedge Ghost Familiars then it might be possible to trade Glamour for Mana like a regular familiar trades essence for Mana.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet Witch
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Masters of Death can definitely do that at the very least and not counting weird outside cases.

that would make a fun changeling Contract!

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by WHW View Post
    I also love this kind of ghost: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikiry%C5%8D

Leave a comment:

• WHW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bristark View Post

Actually.....in some mythos poltergeists are just strong emotional imprints like sort of "ghost of a living person"

I also love this kind of ghost: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikiry%C5%8D

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet Witch
    replied
    Meghan, Rose's co lead developer said their are separate entities. Hedge Ghosts use Glamour, not Essence.
    I regret all the times I wanted to respond to this topic and say "The ghosts are glamorous". Uugh I should have made this joke.

Leave a comment:

• Bristark
    replied
    Originally posted by WHW View Post
    Funny, we already played with a homerule that strong emotions can create Ghosts, because or GM liked the idea that ghosts are just mental-emotional imprints with the most common trigger for that being trauma and death.
    Mostly because seeing your own ghost while you are still alive, or multiple ghosts of the same person, was rad as hell.
    Actually.....in some mythos poltergeists are just strong emotional imprints like sort of "ghost of a living person"

Leave a comment:

• WHW
    replied
    Funny, we already played with a homerule that strong emotions can create Ghosts, because or GM liked the idea that ghosts are just mental-emotional imprints with the most common trigger for that being trauma and death.
    Mostly because seeing your own ghost while you are still alive, or multiple ghosts of the same person, was rad as hell.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Meghan, Rose's co lead developer said their are separate entities. Hedge Ghosts use Glamour, not Essence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X