X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omegaphallic
    started a topic Hedge Ghost Familiar

Hedge Ghost Familiar

It just been reveal that Ghosts will be a thing in the Hedge including Goblin and Changeling ghosts, human ghosts, and ghosts created from emotions and icons (pieces of a persons soul that become ghosts some how) and it occurred to me that this is, an opportunity for Mates to have new and strange ghosts familiars.

Anyone have thoughts on this issue.

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by totalgit View Post
    Is that right?, i thought all ephemera was the same (ie any spell that deals with it can deal with any ephermeral being), its just the phases of twilight that are different??
    I'd say they're probably different kinds of ephemera, at the very least they're different because they're attuned to different frequencies of Twilight/Arcana. Shape Ephemera from the Death arcana for instance can only shape Death-attuned ephemera.

Leave a comment:

• totalgit
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    ephemera isn't just a generic rule set, emphemera is an actual substance in character, abit with different types such Angel ephemera, Ghost emphemera, Goetic Emphemera, Spirit Empheremera.
    Is that right?, i thought all ephemera was the same (ie any spell that deals with it can deal with any ephermeral being), its just the phases of twilight that are different??

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    ephemera isn't just a generic rule set, emphemera is an actual substance in character, abit with different types such Angel ephemera, Ghost emphemera, Goetic Emphemera, Spirit Empheremera.
    I wasn't talking about ephemera, I was talking about the ephemeral entity rules, so your comment is completely irrelevant to my point.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    I think my confusion is that its possible to be a ephemeral entity and not be in twilight, which is what i thought angels were. That they appeared in the world physically manifested and twilight isnt their default state and that if they needed to deal with a ghost/spirit that was in twilight they would have numina/whatever to become that state of twilight and go sort it. Different states of twilight is fine but remembering them all will get harder the more of them there is.

Speaking of which, i noticed all Angels in the core book have a numina called "Twilight Form" but i cant find any text on it?? Maybe the text of that states it can decide when it uses that numina which frequency of twilight form it takes??
    The ephemeral entity rules are a short hand for critter creation used across the game lines. They're essentially a tool kit, Supernal entities for instance use the ephemeral entity rules, but they have no natural ephemeral form existing either in the Supernal world, or in the Fallen inside a summoning circle. They can go into Twilight or an ephemeral realm like the Shadow or the Underworld if they have the appropriate arcana, but that isn't anything like the same thing as being an actual ephemeral entity. Gulmoth and Acamoth work the same way, just because an Abyssal entity is trapped in the Astral (Thus being an Acamoth) it -isn't- a goetia and isn't subject to exactly the same rules as goetia and even more importantly isn't by definition subject to the Mind arcana.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Twilight Form is a Manifestation. It just means that if an ephemeral with it goes into the real world, they're in twilight.

Leave a comment:

• totalgit
    replied
    I think my confusion is that its possible to be a ephemeral entity and not be in twilight, which is what i thought angels were. That they appeared in the world physically manifested and twilight isnt their default state and that if they needed to deal with a ghost/spirit that was in twilight they would have numina/whatever to become that state of twilight and go sort it. Different states of twilight is fine but remembering them all will get harder the more of them there is.

Speaking of which, i noticed all Angels in the core book have a numina called "Twilight Form" but i cant find any text on it?? Maybe the text of that states it can decide when it uses that numina which frequency of twilight form it takes??

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    When speaking about angels, we have to remember that their God can flat-out ignore the standard Ephemeral Entity rules when creating them, despite being close enough to spirits/ghosts/Goetia to be "true" ephemerals. Like with Covers and Manifestations. Angels affecting Twilight frequencies that they shouldn't be able to sound perfectly in line with this.
    Last edited by 21C Hermit; 05-08-2017, 01:56 AM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Id go further and state that there is only 3 types of ephermera, spirit, goetia and ghost . Supernal beings become one of the to other depending on what arcana they use to interact with. It specifically says supernal entities arnt made of ephemera but they still use alot of the game mechanics. Ive not read much of Demon but is it not the same for Angels, they arnt made from ephemera and use numina/abilities to interact with ghosts/spirits/whatever if they need too? They also use similar mechanics to spirits/ghosts but arnt etc?
    Angels, ghosts, Goetia, and spirits are all explicitly ephemeral.
    Qashmallim, Acamoths, and Gulmoths use ephemeral rules, but the former is made out of Pyros rather than ephemera, and the latter are exceptions to reality that doesn't even have their proper rules yet. Strix are also similar to ephemeral entities, but made out of some kind of semi-tangible shadow-smoke.

​You might be confusing angels with demons who were angels but became physical when they fell.

Leave a comment:

• Moinen
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    My quotes came from pages 125 and 129 in Chronicles of Darkness, or pages 339 and 343 from Demon: The Descent.

You kinda missed the important bit there. The primary way for angels to gain Essence is to gain it from sacrifices. Also "spiritual" can refer to spirits and the Shadow, but it can also be a synonym for just supernatural. The angel harvested supernatural energy (Essence) from sacrifices.
    I missed but I hope I answered in previous post.

Leave a comment:

• Moinen
    replied

Angels don't gorge on reasence like spirits do, and neither do Ghosts and Goetics which like Angels have influences.
    You're right. They do their own similar thingy and they are always of GM origin. They are not Spirits or Ghosts or Goetia. They are Angels with their template and I frankly have no idea what combination of arcana would 'govern' them. But you can certainly harm their minds with Mind, shred with Death or curse with Fate if you happen to be on the same wavelength as them or cast an aoe.

Angels are mechanisms in the God-Machine, and like
    any machine they are sustained by fuel. God-Machine
    cultists sacrificing precious resources (metaphorical or
    literal), animals, or even humans to the angel in its
    presence allow it to regain the Resources value of the
    item or animal, or the current Integrity of a human
    sacrifice, as Essence

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    My quotes came from pages 125 and 129 in Chronicles of Darkness, or pages 339 and 343 from Demon: The Descent.

You kinda missed the important bit there. The primary way for angels to gain Essence is to gain it from sacrifices. Also "spiritual" can refer to spirits and the Shadow, but it can also be a synonym for just supernatural. The angel harvested supernatural energy (Essence) from sacrifices.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Moinen View Post

Yea, I'm not gonna argue about it since I don't have the source of this theory. I found this though:

It's a sentence from a very first described Angel which also has influence over Boiler Room where he resides. Looks a lot like gorging on resonant condition. Or maybe not, I don't know. Like I said, I can't find the source so I won't argue. I'm leaving this thoery here for consideration.
    Angels don't gorge on reasence like spirits do, and neither do Ghosts and Goetics which like Angels have influences.

Leave a comment:

• totalgit
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    "When in Twilight, only items, creatures, and phenomena that are also in Twilight and comprised of the same kind of ephemera can touch an ephemeral being."
    I also found this later in the text
    "Entities in Twilight can only attack or be attacked by other ephemeral beings of the same type, unless the attack utilizes the entity’s bane."
    Since the only division between ephemeral entities in CofD and DtD (where both quotes can be found) is angel/ghost/spirit, I'm going to assume that "type" refers to these three categories (plus those refered to in other gamelines).
    Id go further and state that there is only 3 types of ephermera, spirit, goetia and ghost . Supernal beings become one of the to other depending on what arcana they use to interact with. It specifically says supernal entities arnt made of ephemera but they still use alot of the game mechanics. Ive not read much of Demon but is it not the same for Angels, they arnt made from ephemera and use numina/abilities to interact with ghosts/spirits/whatever if they need too? They also use similar mechanics to spirits/ghosts but arnt etc?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X