Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mage Booklist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Jung's The Unconscious Mind --- a clear inspiration to the Mind arcanum and astral rules.
    Campbell's The Hero With a Thousand Faces --- If nothing else, it's a good read and some ideas for shadow names. But seriously, the idea of Symbolism as a Big Deal is rather a major theme of the game, yes?


    Grump, grouse, and/or gripe.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by thenate View Post
      Jung's The Unconscious Mind --- a clear inspiration to the Mind arcanum and astral rules.
      Campbell's The Hero With a Thousand Faces --- If nothing else, it's a good read and some ideas for shadow names. But seriously, the idea of Symbolism as a Big Deal is rather a major theme of the game, yes?
      Good ideas! I won't stick them here, since this is for gamebooks, but I'll stick them in my thread for non-fiction resources.


      Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

      CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

      Comment


      • #18
        Damn, it has been a while since I posted here...

        Added Signs of Sorcery and the Beast Player's Guide.
        Last edited by Second Chances; 08-31-2019, 06:55 PM.


        Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

        CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

        Comment


        • #19
          Not confirmed or released but, that Clade Companion in the Deviant KS looks pretty useful.


          Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
            I’ll wait until I get a chance to check it out before adding it to the list. I suspect you are right though. Deviants make such delicious Mysteries.

            On a more current note, I realized I find Actual Plays very useful for grounding and inspiring my campaigns, so I’m going to add some to my various book lists. Luckily, Mage is an easy place to start since it has two actual play — The Broken Pentacle and The Soul Cage — by this Dave Brookshaw guy. You might have heard of him.

            If you haven’t read them yet, links are at the bottom of the first post. If there are any others worthy of inclusion, let me know.


            Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

            CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

              I’ll wait until I get a chance to check it out before adding it to the list. I suspect you are right though. Deviants make such delicious Mysteries.

              On a more current note, I realized I find Actual Plays very useful for grounding and inspiring my campaigns, so I’m going to add some to my various book lists. Luckily, Mage is an easy place to start since it has two actual play — The Broken Pentacle and The Soul Cage — by this Dave Brookshaw guy. You might have heard of him.

              If you haven’t read them yet, links are at the bottom of the first post. If there are any others worthy of inclusion, let me know.
              Dave also did a pretty good one shot called Bleak House, which is even referenced in Soul Cage:

              https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...-house.316806/

              There is also one by Azezel called The Voice of Freedom that I found really interesting:

              https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...reedom.408237/

              There is also Dave's ongoing AP, called The Man comes around, which is terrific so far:

              https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...around.591295/

              Lastly, if I may take the opportunity, I wanted to ask a question. The mage merch pinned topic reminded me that it would be awesome if there was a Mage GM screen. But that thread is closed, is there anywhere to suggest that ?


              New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

              The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
              The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post

                Dave also did a pretty good one shot called Bleak House, which is even referenced in Soul Cage:

                https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...-house.316806/

                There is also one by Azezel called The Voice of Freedom that I found really interesting:

                https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...reedom.408237/

                There is also Dave's ongoing AP, called The Man comes around, which is terrific so far:

                https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...around.591295/

                Lastly, if I may take the opportunity, I wanted to ask a question. The mage merch pinned topic reminded me that it would be awesome if there was a Mage GM screen. But that thread is closed, is there anywhere to suggest that ?
                Oh wonderful, I will add those, thank you! I'm not sure about a Mage Screen, but I would start by asking about it in next Monday's Notes and see where it goes from there.


                Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

                CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

                Comment


                • #23
                  Added Nameless & Accused, Geist 2e, Spilled Blood, and Shunned by the Moon.


                  Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

                  CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Added Occultists Anonymous to the list of actual plays.


                    Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

                    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                      Added Occultists Anonymous to the list of actual plays.
                      Is there any chance we could get a sticky for this topic ? Its a useful resource for everyone, helping us keep track of existing books and sources of inspiration from Actual Plays.


                      New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

                      The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
                      The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X