No announcement yet.

Sell me on the orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctum and Sigil goes a long way into showing how fractious the various Orders can be. The Seers are, obviously, the most back-stabby. The Diamond Orders have their moments, though, it's often compared to the academic field but when you mix that with hubris and killing words you can imagine how frequently that might go off the rails.

Comment

I would think of the Pentacle Politics a lot more like mortal politics than Vampire. The Pentacle are all the US government: Different parties and factions with different ideals but generally all trying to make the country the best they think it should be (while also pursing their own personal goals).

The Seers are Russia or China ( more Cold War than is current though), they are enemies that want different things but are too large to just fight.

The Scelesti are terrorist groups that everyone has to deal with (even if some might try to use them to their advantage at times).

Comment

Hey Kevorkiandoctor are you looking to run a game where your PCs are at each other's throats? Do you want to play Mage, but miss the double-dealings and nest of vipers that is Vampire? Let me be the Devil's Advocate and sell you on the Seers of the Throne. Not only do your players get to compete with those Pentacle do-gooders for Mysteries, but they enjoy the patronage of the Exarchs, and don't have to give a rat's behind about Lex Magica. The drawback (or fun part as I call it) however is that your PCs can never trust anyone again. Ever. Not Seer NPCs and not other players. Welcome to the Iron Pyramid.

Comment

Seers vs. Pentacle is kinda like NATO vs. the Warzaw Pact during the Cold War.
          The two blocs ARE organized against each other, and they are allies... But there are cracks, and there is bickering within the blocs.
          (The Free Council is France, since they are the most separate.)

Comment

Also like NATO and the Warsaw Pact: No-one really wants to pull the trigger. Mutually assured magical destruction is very much a thing.

Comment

These answers are great! Thank you

Comment

I agree full heartedly with terpsichordean. If you're a fan of vampire style politics and want to break into Mage the Awakening then a Seers of the Throne Chronicle is just what the doctor ordered.

Also, it's been mentioned before but deserves to be mentioned again: politics in Mage the Awakening usually can be summed up with the sentence "You f$&kers, we saw it first!" The Consilia primarily focus on political discussions about who can investigate which Mysteries and which Cabal get the credit and spoils of what discovery, and all of that slowly filters up from the Cabals to the Orders themselves. The Free Council is the exact same way with Assemblies except more democratic, and the Seers whole power structure is basically a pecking order for who gets first dibs on the best Mysteries and spoils from the Exarchs.
                Last edited by Dusksage; 05-21-2017, 03:28 AM. Reason: Spellcheck

Comment

Working...
                X