Chronicle Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be too much to have an Acanthus Mentor that's never around,
    but actually leaves an array of passive-aggressive sticky-notes to guide their pupil?
    Likely due to them abusing Prophecy to read their pupil's moves and leaving notes in the right spots.
    Twist being they've actually been dead for months and have laid out a lot of sticky-notes before death.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelesom View Post
      but actually leaves an array of passive-aggressive sticky-notes to guide their pupil?
      Likely due to them abusing Prophecy to read their pupil's moves and leaving notes in the right spots.
      Twist being they've actually been dead for months and have laid out a lot of sticky-notes before death.
      Nope, seems very Acanthus. Mind you the mentor's ultimate plan might be to have his student go back in time and prevent his death. Acanthus, they plan for everything.

Comment

Sounds like what an elderly Acanthus Sphinx member would do.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

I appreciate all the help guys. The challenge for me with this player is that unlike most players in my games he really knows what he wants, which is good, but he doesn't know the setting as it's his first CoD game. So giving him what he wants in a setting compatible way is the tough part.

Comment

I have an idea for a story that requires a constant air of tension between the pentacle and the seers.
            What's shiny enough to make every mage in a city tiptoe like ballerinas in an infinite expanse of egg shells?

I've been thinking maybe a relic that has immense potency,
            or a sarira left by an exarch/oracle,
            perhaps even an ochemata that forgot its purpose and became a normal mortal.

Toying with those concepts. Which one has the most potential though?

Comment

I have an idea for a story that requires a constant air of tension between the pentacle and the seers.
              What's shiny enough to make every mage in a city tiptoe like ballerinas in an infinite expanse of egg shells?

I've been thinking maybe a relic that has immense potency,
              or a sarira left by an exarch/oracle,
              perhaps even an ochemata that forgot its purpose and became a normal mortal.

Toying with those concepts. Which one has the most potential though?
              Something like the Shadow Concord. Likely Fate enforced. Break the rules and get cursed to oblivion. Rules regulating outright engagements, with little actual knowledge of the whole deal.

Comment

So I thought I'd share how the Acanthus in my game turned out:

He ended up trading in Sanctum and Hallow for Mentor 2.

He's still guarding a sacred tree in Malcolm X park in Boston, with his Grandfather (also Acanthus) Mentor. They live in a nearby apartment together.

For his familiar he decided on a Rank 2 Spirit of Greed. It possessed a Raven junk-art sculpture and we gave it a form of Possess called Inanimate Possession. Seem ok?

Lastly, he really wanted a Hearthstone that could transport him back to the Sacred Tree, but he only had 2 merit dots left. I allowed him a limited Co-Location (Space 3), keyed to his bloodline, only for travelling back to the Sacred Tree. I thought that 2 dots was reasonable for this. What does everyone think?
                Last edited by Johnny Awesome; 06-11-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
                  For his familiar he decided on a Rank 2 Spirit of Greed. It possessed a Raven junk-art sculpture and we gave it a form of Possess called Inanimate Possession. Seem ok?
                  Possess already works on objects.

Comment

Thanks.

One of my players is a Moros (Death 3, Matter 1, Mind 2) private investigator. He's in the Free Council, which Dave likes to call the Order of "human culture". This player isn't really interested in cultural trappings in his magic, but likes the private investigator angle. Is this sufficiently of "human culture" to quality as a good FC character concept?

Comment

Give him a fedora and a Ferrari or an inverness cape.
                      ​Play up a cultural stereotype of the P.I. and it should fit. It should even have obvious Yantra ideas.
                      He shouldn't have to totally recreate the stereotype, just incorporate elements that society commonly associates with the idea of a P.I..
                      ​Even something as small as carrying a steno note pad can play into it, just as long as the average joe recognizes what he is without deep investigation.
                      Last edited by 2ptTakrill; 06-16-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

It's a perfectly fine Free Council character. Generally if a player wants to be in an Order, they've got all the justification they need already. If he wanted, he could take Techne to draw on the art and science of criminal investigation itself as a magical tool, but even that's not necessary.

2E Legacy Updates
                        Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                        Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                        Storm Keepers

Comment

I imagine that private investigators are at least a sub-culture unto themselves, and then there's definitely fandom of the noir style that romanticized them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
                            I imagine that private investigators are at least a sub-culture unto themselves, and then there's definitely fandom of the noir style that romanticized them.
                            The Mage: Noir book might be a useful read even.

Comment

Thanks again for the responses.

I'm trying to think ahead and anticipate potential issues for me as a Storyteller, since my main weakness is coming up with stuff on the fly.

To that end, my Acanthus has chosen Gateway as one of the Numina for his Greed Spirit Familiar. At some point the group is going to get into a situation where they want to flee into The Shadow. I'd like to make this doable, but dangerous. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Comment

Gateway is a Manifestation Condition, not a Numena, as such the only areas the Familiar can open a Gateway in are areas that are Resonant and Open for a greed spirit. So it's pretty likely their will be dangerous greedy entities on -either- side of the gate. From low level drug dealers looking for a big score to a dragon nesting on its hoard.

Comment

Working...
                                X