Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over a year and no new books...?

Please sir, may we have some more? I have $ if that will help

It would at least be nice if they would give us another open development article, but we haven't had one of those since August.

Comment

The first Requiem supplement didn't come out until over two years after the 2e core. Keep in mind, Mage is only one game line out of over twenty Onyx Path produces. Supplements for any given one of those lines will naturally be pretty infrequent, despite Onyx Path cranking out books at an astounding pace.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

There's a Mage book on the projects list, Signs of Sorcery, currently in development.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post
          It would at least be nice if they would give us another open development article, but we haven't had one of those since August.
          Wouldn't that require some sort of development having taken place? Looks like people have been busy on other things....

Comment

Not every line is going to get a book every year, or probably even two or three years. Signs of Sorcery is on its way.

Comment

As long as we get quality books with quality content and most importantly, quality art, I'm okay with the wait

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
                There's a Mage book on the projects list, Signs of Sorcery, currently in development.
                Its been in development for a very very long time. Some of the previews are 8? months old?

Comment

Originally posted by totalgit View Post

Its been in development for a very very long time. Some of the previews are 8? months old?
                  Secrets of the Covenants was in development for two years. And complaining about the lack of previews tends to make Devs less motivated and less willing to post more previews or work on projects like the FAQ in their spare time.

CofD booklists:
                  Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

More books faster is always nice, but complaining that they aren't out yet isn't speeding the process up any.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                      Secrets of the Covenants was in development for two years. And complaining about the lack of previews tends to make Devs less motivated and less willing to post more previews or work on projects like the FAQ in their spare time.
                      I wasnt complaining?

Comment

Keep in mind that a huge chunk of 1E content is very much relevant and still usable with a few tweaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                          The Secrets of the Covenants example, among others, just proves this is not just an isolated issue with Signs of Sorcery or the MtAw line, it has been a systemic OPP problem. It benefits no one blaming individual Devs for the issue who probably have been overworked, distracted by having to wear too many different hats, and/or lacking sufficient resources but It is plain in the last few years OPP had a serious bottleneck and unbalance between ambitions and resources problem with several books getting seriously delayed or being apparently stuck in certain phases, such as development, for far too long. Say what you want, a project lacking apparent progress for 1-2 years is not business as usual even for RPG publishing, or at least it shouldn't be. No doubt in certain cases serious bouts of bad luck (see the infamous Wraith curse) and I suppose personal problems played a role too.

As a matter of fact, from what has been told in Monday Meeting News, I understand OPP folk have recently acknowledged the issue and underwent some serious internal restructuring to try and ameliorate the situation. Some effects perhaps have been apparent already in somewhat increased progress speed for other books, sadly it seems MtAw is among the lines where this has been least noticeable so far. We can only hope there is going to be some catching up to speed down and across the line and the backlog is going to be cleared up for good. I wish very good things for all OPP folks for their efforts to keep so many gamelines alive, I'm quite grateful for the good quality of all the books that have managed to see the light of day in the end, and I'm happy for having been a patron to almost a dozen OPP kickstarters in the last few years. But I think it is unreasonable to pretend certain projects have not suffered severe problems in the past, or to expect fans are not going to be unhappy and impatient because of it (even if their remarks ruffle some feathers).
                          Last edited by Irioth; 06-26-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I understand its a small company working on many different things. However, its a hobby, and hobbies are fueled by interest. If there is nothing new to fuel the interest, the interest may wain and new hobbies be taken up. I am a LONG time Mage fan and I would be pretty bummed to have to lump Mage in with Exalted where interest went to frustration, then apathy and then just become forgotten. Onyx Path is doing wonderful things with games I loved as a kid, but it is starting to feel like they have to many irons in the fire that they can not focus on actually getting product out the door. I will have the $ ready to spend, yall let me know when you have the books for me to buy!

Comment

The Dark Eras 2 Kickstarter is next Thursday, the 6th.

Comment

Working...
                              X