Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvised Spell Web App

Hi All

Thought you might be interested in a web app I made to handle the various facets of casting an improvised spell in Mage – factors, mana, paradox dice, withstand, attainments, etc.

http://www.voidstate.com/rpg/mage-spell-helper/#/

Any ideas for improvements or new features are very welcome, as are bugs or rules errors.

Cheers

vs

Spreading it over several pages is a bit chunky, but with such large UI it might be inevitable using that site.

Here's a few mistakes I've found:
    * I found no option to use Rotes.
    * You use the term Advanced Scale for all advanced spell factors when Scale only refers to number of subjects/Size of largest subject/AoE. I think that's why you've also put the Space 4 Attainment for the Range factor when it should apply to the Scale factor.
    * Sympathetic Yantras shouldn't provide any dice bonus when Sympathetic Range is used.
    * Persona Yantra is locked at +1 when it can provide a bonus of up to +4.
    * The final screen says that the Range is Sensory despite choosing Sympathetic Range.

Otherwise it seems to work out good.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by voidstate View Post
      Hi All

Thought you might be interested in a web app I made to handle the various facets of casting an improvised spell in Mage – factors, mana, paradox dice, withstand, attainments, etc.

http://www.voidstate.com/rpg/mage-spell-helper/#/

Any ideas for improvements or new features are very welcome, as are bugs or rules errors.

Cheers

vs

I like it, good to see errors fixed quickly. Personally id prefer less pages, Maybe just 1 Slider for total Yantra bonus' with the option of writing text for them if needed?

Comment

I can't figure out the purpose of the checkbox "Is X the Mage's Highest Arcanum?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          I can't figure out the purpose of the checkbox "Is X the Mage's Highest Arcanum?"

For other-arcana Gnosis max's i assume?

But i found a error, it wont let you set arcana to 5 if set to not highest as it says Gnosis 6 max non-highest arcana is 4, when its 5

Comment

Spreading it over several pages is a bit chunky, but with such large UI it might be inevitable using that site.
            The "wizard" interface is meant to break the process down into manageable chunks. The idea is that newer players won't get overwhelmed with options, but just have to absorb one section at a time.

Here's a few mistakes I've found:
            * I found no option to use Rotes.
            No. This is for improvised casting only. I may add Rotes in future but they have their own wrinkles so probably need their own app.

* You use the term Advanced Scale for all advanced spell factors when Scale only refers to number of subjects/Size of largest subject/AoE. I think that's why you've also put the Space 4 Attainment for the Range factor when it should apply to the Scale factor.
            Oops. Everywhere has been moved to Space.

* Sympathetic Yantras shouldn't provide any dice bonus when Sympathetic Range is used.
            Fixed!

* Persona Yantra is locked at +1 when it can provide a bonus of up to +4.
            Still workingon this one...

* The final screen says that the Range is Sensory despite choosing Sympathetic Range.
            Fixed!

Otherwise it seems to work out good.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by totalgit View Post
              For other-arcana Gnosis max's i assume?
              Correct. It's just to make sure you don't increase your arcanum dots past the max allowed.

But i found a error, it wont let you set arcana to 5 if set to not highest as it says Gnosis 6 max non-highest arcana is 4, when its 5
              Fixed this, too. Good catch!

Comment

Learned Rotes are just as much improvised as Praxes. Yes, there are a few more rules, but if you're going to make a new app for Rotes then you're going to have to include 95% of this app anyway. Makes more sense to just combine it, imo.

Comment

I like it, good to see errors fixed quickly.
                  Thanks. Being able to update quickly is one advantage of a web app over an installed one.

Personally id prefer less pages, Maybe just 1 Slider for total Yantra bonus' with the option of writing text for them if needed?
                  But then you'd have to memorise the different Yantra bonuses, and you couldn't do things like alert the user if they haven't used a sympathetic yantra for a sympathetic range spell.

Comment

I like it too good stuff!

Comment

Looks pretty good. I like the Material Design (I'm such a sucker for it). I haven't had a chance to look at it in depth for bugs etc. I'll see if I can tonight. I'll see about helping on the back end some too.

Comment

Awesome!! We'll put this to good use. Thank you very much Voidstate!!

Userhat Aegpts Vlrs. Coren "Ojos de Fuego". Mithrael. Menehet.

Comment

New version uploaded: now featuring Rotes!

vs

Comment

I just noticed that you have Dedicated Tool as a +2 Yantra, but in fact it's only a +1 Yantra as it's either a Path Tool or Order Tool.

Edit: Also, the Persona Yantra dice pool needs to be variable since you can get Persona Yantras from multiple sources, most notably from Shadow Name.

Edit: You also have check boxes for Yantras allowing me to select one only once, but theoretically I should be able to use two or more Order Tools, Dedicated Tools (Thanks to Soul Stones and Egregore), Path Tools, etc.

Edit: Location Yantras are also only just +1, not +2.
                            Last edited by Mrmdubois; 10-05-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much! great work!

Comment

Working...
                              X