No announcement yet.

Improvised Spell Web App

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version just uploaded. I've rewritten the Yantra stuff to allow multiple uses of the same yantra (where allowed) and fixed the bonuses (thanks, Mrmdubois).

Quite a lot of changes were needed to do this so please let me know if you find any bugs that have crept in!

Cheers

vs

Comment

Much better, the Dedicated Tool's Yantra bonus has been reduced to 0 though, it should be at +1. That's the only problem I can find this time.

Edit: actually, a Dedicated Tool can be a +0 Yantra, but it should also be possible for it to count as +1.
      Last edited by Mrmdubois; 10-10-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Looks good. I only found a few things.
        1.) The casting time seems to be one turn shorter than it should be when using more than one Yantra.
        2.) Mudras are limited to +5. Now, my group has house ruled that limit a bit so I'm totally fine with the Mudra granting more than +5, but you could put up a warning.
        3.) The Mudra dice bonus doesn't update when changing the Skill rating. This is a bit annoying since changing to a Rote automatically adds Mudra as a +1 Yantra.
        4.) There's no option to specify that the Rote was created by the caster and therefor grant the Rote Action quality to the roll.
        5.) There's no option to cast from Grimoires. When casting from Grimoires you can't use Mudra as a Yantra and you can't change Casting Time from Standard (ritual) to Advanced (Instant). And the spell gains the Rote Action quality.
        6.) Certain boons (especially Boons from Fate) can grant 9 Again, 8 Again and/or Rote Action to spell casting rolls, but the only bonus option is adding additional dice.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Tessie are you sure you can’t use the Mudra Yantra when using a grimore?

Comment

Hmm. It might be that if you have memorized the Rote you might get to use the Mudra when casting from a grimoire containing the same Rote, but just casting from a grimoire does not allow the use of the Mudra.

Comment

Thanks for taking the tim

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              1.) The casting time seems to be one turn shorter than it should be when using more than one Yantra.
              As I understand it, you can use one Yantra without increasing the casting time. Each additional Yantra adds a turn to the casting time.

2.) Mudras are limited to +5. Now, my group has house ruled that limit a bit so I'm totally fine with the Mudra granting more than +5, but you could put up a warning.
              Good idea.

3.) The Mudra dice bonus doesn't update when changing the Skill rating. This is a bit annoying since changing to a Rote automatically adds Mudra as a +1 Yantra.
              4.) There's no option to specify that the Rote was created by the caster and therefor grant the Rote Action quality to the roll.
              That's a new bug (it used to work). I'll fix it. Thanks.

5.) There's no option to cast from Grimoires. When casting from Grimoires you can't use Mudra as a Yantra and you can't change Casting Time from Standard (ritual) to Advanced (Instant). And the spell gains the Rote Action quality.
              Might add this in future. Do people use Grimoires much?

6.) Certain boons (especially Boons from Fate) can grant 9 Again, 8 Again and/or Rote Action to spell casting rolls, but the only bonus option is adding additional dice.
              I think players can just remember this. No need to record it in the app.

Thanks again,

vs

Comment

About Casting Time, the bug is that the app allows two Yantras without increasing Casting Time rather than just one.

Comment

And High Speech always adds a turn, even if is the only Yantra.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

It would be cool if you could save Spells for later reuse.

I'm both please and saddened by this app. I'm pleased because it's fantastic. I'm saddened because it really showcases just how complicated the magic system is in Mage. I'll start a thread on this topic...

Comment

I love this tool!!! Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X