No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a Ghost/Spirit/Geotia spends Essence to increase its stats as described on page 254, is this a reflexive or instant action? At the moment i am assuming it takes their action, which makes it a rather less interesting option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katana1515 View Post
      When a Ghost/Spirit/Geotia spends Essence to increase its stats as described on page 254, is this a reflexive or instant action? At the moment i am assuming it takes their action, which makes it a rather less interesting option.
      Says in the text
      boosting takes a turn and they can only boost a single Attribute in a turn.
      so yep its a instant action.

Comment

• i don't know if this is a simple question but what aspirations and obsessions make sense for a young stage magcians? so far, his obessesion is finding the inner workings of space but it could make sense for it to a aspiration instead.

Comment

• Are Zombie bites -1 Bashing like human bites?

Comment

• Originally posted by fruity20 View Post
            i don't know if this is a simple question but what aspirations and obsessions make sense for a young stage magcians? so far, his obessesion is finding the inner workings of space but it could make sense for it to a aspiration instead.
            Aspirations and Obsessions are pretty open ended by design. Aspirations will typically be mundane though it can be related to magic. For instance gaining status in the Silver Ladder is a mundane objective with a magical connection. Obsessions are typically magical in nature, like finding the soul stone of Xanaphos the founder of the Legacy of the Cornucopia for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
              Are Zombie bites -1 Bashing like human bites?
              Weapons/Attacks:
              Type Damage Range Dice Pool
              Grapple 0B Melee 7 (in group), 1
              (alone)
              Bite 2L Melee 7 (in group), 1
              (alone)
              If you mean The Horde from CofD, that is. That's the only zombies I can think of.

Quick edit: The damage modifier comes from the Dread Power Natural Weapons ••, meaning they don't have to initiate grappling before biting, and have armor piercing 2 on their bites.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Weapons/Attacks:
                Type Damage Range Dice Pool
                Grapple 0B Melee 7 (in group), 1
                (alone)
                Bite 2L Melee 7 (in group), 1
                (alone)
                If you mean The Horde from CofD, that is. That's the only zombies I can think of.

Quick edit: The damage modifier comes from the Dread Power Natural Weapons ••, meaning they don't have to initiate grappling before biting, and have armor piercing 2 on their bites.
                They are probably referring to the death arcana created "zombie" or animated corpse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
                  Are Zombie bites -1 Bashing like human bites?
                  If created from human corpses via death magic then yes?

Comment

• My bad. I've subscribed to all forums I'm interested in so I won't have to individually go through them for updates. That has the side effect of me not paying attention to what forum I might be posting in. Especially when the thread title isn't a context clue or easy to mistake for another like all these simple question threads.

The only published Death spell to create zombie like creatures is Revenant (Death ••••) which, like the name implies, can be used to make revenants. But revenants are just ghosts possessing corpses which brings no physical change to the corpse. The teeth would be the same as for a human; i.e. -1B as stated.

However, the same spell should be able to let a ghost Claim its own corpse, and WtF has revealed to us that Claimed beings are able to learn Dread Powers such as Natural Weapons.
                    Unfortunately Claim was consciously omitted from MtA's ephemeral rules so it might be that we're not supposed to be able to apply that Manifestation through Revenant/Bind Spirit.

Comment

The only published Death spell to create zombie like creatures is Revenant (Death ••••) which, like the name implies, can be used to make revenants. But revenants are just ghosts possessing corpses which brings no physical change to the corpse. The teeth would be the same as for a human; i.e. -1B as stated.
                      Death 3 also has a zombie-raising spell. Although I can’t remember at hand whether it has a damage-enhancing option. Even if it doesn’t, homebrewing one into it should be trivial.

However, the same spell should be able to let a ghost Claim its own corpse, and WtF has revealed to us that Claimed beings are able to learn Dread Powers such as Natural Weapons.
                      Unfortunately Claim was consciously omitted from MtA's ephemeral rules so it might be that we're not supposed to be able to apply that Manifestation through Revenant/Bind Spirit.
                      The Possessed Condition (or was it Controlled?) printed in Mage, if I remember, is actually fused with Claimed. Wordcount is the enemy here, it seems.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• I also think you should be able to make them 0 L with a Perfecting Matter spell to sharpen their teeth, wouldn't you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                          Death 3 also has a zombie-raising spell. Although I can’t remember at hand whether it has a damage-enhancing option. Even if it doesn’t, homebrewing one into it should be trivial.
                          Well, fuck me. You're right. The name of the spell is Quicken Corpse and the text actually calls the subject a zombie, but any combat enhancing options only increases the stats of it.

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                          The Possessed Condition (or was it Controlled?) printed in Mage, if I remember, is actually fused with Claimed. Wordcount is the enemy here, it seems.
                          MtA's version of Possessed is the same text as in CofD (only change was a few cut sentences), and since Claim was removed there was no reason to have Controlled since its only purpose was being a prerequisite for Claim. Skimming through the rest of them I think you're mistaken about Claim being fused with another Manifestation

Comment

MtA's version of Possessed is the same text as in CofD (only change was a few cut sentences), and since Claim was removed there was no reason to have Controlled since its only purpose was being a prerequisite for Claim. Skimming through the rest of them I think you're mistaken about Claim being fused with another Manifestation
                            Don’t have the book with me right now. Strange, where could I have gotten that idea from... Regardless, I don’t think the Mage writers intended Claiming to be non-existent in Mage. Just not getting the spotlight this time.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                              Don’t have the book with me right now. Strange, where could I have gotten that idea from... Regardless, I don’t think the Mage writers intended Claiming to be non-existent in Mage. Just not getting the spotlight this time.
                              My reading of it is that as a specifically Weird Extreme Phenomenon relative to more temporary or gradual manifestations, Claiming is at least not meant to be built into the toolkit of Awakened magic on the "everyone knows how to do it" level.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Just idle speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Mages lump Claimed in with Cryptids, or mistake one for the other considering the way Cryptids were portrayed in 1e.

Comment

Working...
                                X