Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I only wanted to say that while a "Symphaty yantra" doesn't always have a symphathetic connection to what it represents, it might have on. A blood sample will propably have symphaty to the donor for instance. So having an appropriate yantra might also mean having a proper target for Borrow Threads and the like.

    Comment


    • If I'm innured to a spell what does that mean?

      The book says "any future
      uses will not incur Wisdom loss no matter the action. "

      Does that mean that if I use psychic domination to have a person commit murder it is
      1. Giving them a breaking point
      2. Obvious magic on sleeper
      3. Murder

      Which are all acts of hybris. Is all that wiped away?

      But murder using physic reformatting to make someone want to murder is still an act of hubris.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bomaz View Post
        If I'm innured to a spell what does that mean?

        The book says "any future
        uses will not incur Wisdom loss no matter the action. "

        Does that mean that if I use psychic domination to have a person commit murder it is
        1. Giving them a breaking point
        2. Obvious magic on sleeper
        3. Murder

        Which are all acts of hybris. Is all that wiped away?

        But murder using physic reformatting to make someone want to murder is still an act of hubris.

        If Psychic Domination is Innuered, no use of that spell will be an Act of Hybris, no matter what you do with that spell.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bomaz View Post
          Which are all acts of hybris. Is all that wiped away?

          But murder using physic reformatting to make someone want to murder is still an act of hubris.
          What Poseur said. The specific spell that incurred Wisdom loss can be inured and will no longer be a Wisdom risk to use no matter how you use it. However, it will always risk Paradox, and if you use a different spell that effectively does the same thing like in your example there it's still an Act of Hubris.

          Comment


          • Craftsman's Eye allows the mage to use the studied object, including gaining the 8-Again quality on rolls to do so. But what's the base pool?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
              Craftsman's Eye allows the mage to use the studied object, including gaining the 8-Again quality on rolls to do so. But what's the base pool?
              The base pool depends on the appropriate attribute plus skill for using the tool, plus whatever equipment bonus the tool provides.

              Comment


              • Depends on what the object is used for.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

                  The base pool depends on the appropriate attribute plus skill for using the tool, plus whatever equipment bonus the tool provides.
                  So the spell allows the use of the object at zero skill (meaning no untrained penalty)?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
                    So the spell allows the use of the object at zero skill (meaning no untrained penalty)?
                    ...no. Its effects are clearly listed, and that isn't one of them.

                    It gives 8-Again and, if the object has a non-obvious purpose or means of use (like the examples listed - a safe, puzzle box, etc) it reveals the information required for use. If it's broken, or otherwise obstructed from use, the spell reveals how.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
                      So the spell allows the use of the object at zero skill (meaning no untrained penalty)?
                      The spell applies the 8-Again quality to rolls using the tool in question. That is all it does. Negating the unSkilled penalty is a different effect entirely.


                      Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                      Comment


                      • What are perfected materials and how does one get them? The core mentions them several times but offers no explanation, beyond their being closer to supernal ideals, or spells to get or create said perfection. Is this something 1e explained more clearly in a book you can point me at? Does perfected iron hurt Fae, given normally conjured iron would not?

                        Comment


                        • Talked about in this Blog post: http://theonyxpath.com/sheer-perfect...n-development/

                          The upcoming Signs of Sorcery book has a whole section on perfected materials.



                          Backer #2010

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
                            Does perfected iron hurt Fae, given normally conjured iron would not?
                            ElvesofZion provided the complete text we have so far, but to address this, specifically: yes.

                            Comment


                            • This might be a question better suited to Demon, but...
                              How would you handle the interaction a Demon using Cover to Spoof a Mage's 'Pierce Deception'?

                              Clash of Wills as normal for PD, or should the Spoofing win outright?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                                This might be a question better suited to Demon, but...
                                How would you handle the interaction a Demon using Cover to Spoof a Mage's 'Pierce Deception'?

                                Clash of Wills as normal for PD, or should the Spoofing win outright?
                                Spoof's mechanical tradeoff is that it's an unresisted and uncontested straight roll of no more than ten dice to beat individual effects for a scene if you don't swing an exceptional success. Dice math being what it is, I'd lean in favor of having a successful spoof be enough.


                                Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                                Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X