No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supernal Veil the prime 2 spell does it veil all the active spells on them?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
      Supernal Veil the prime 2 spell does it veil all the active spells on them?
      Each spell is an individual subject as explicitly mentioned in the description of Supernal Veil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Why? That has literally nothing to do with throwing spells, and slashing a blade to project a spell is only cosmetically different than just underhanding it.
        If the effect is only cosmetic the roll would remain on athletic or firearm.
        Adamant hand gives you the ability to use a weaponry action as a reflexive yantra for a spell, and to me it results in something similar to what WalkingEye asked for.
        Of course simply allow it without any prerequisite would not be much broken after all, but other players could invent hundred of reasons to use other skills too, like intimidation with a kiai
        Last edited by Neos01; 12-14-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the responses all. This has really helped me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
            ...but other players could invent hundred of reasons to use other skills too, like intimidation with a kiai
            I fail to see the problem, except that normally a thrown spell allows the potential target to use their Defense and Dodge action and that might lead to some awkward interactions. Using the Weaponry Skill certainly doesn’t though.

Comment

• Athletics and Firearms are skills that naturally involve judging long distances and hand eye coordination. It makes sense to use those. Weaponry and Brawl not so much. Not that it doesn't make sense to use them at all, but I would require a merit, similar to the one that let's use them instead of Athletics for Defense. Yeah, you can do it, but it takes a bit of special training.

Comment

• It sounds like creating a hassle for little benefit to me.

Comment

• What Practice of space would be needed to make something bigger on the inside? A player of mine wants a Vest of many things/ Bag of holding type effect.

Comment

What Practice of space would be needed to make something bigger on the inside? A player of mine wants a Vest of many things/ Bag of holding type effect.
                    Check Secret Room on pg. 178.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Check Secret Room on pg. 178.
                      Thanks! 10char

Comment

• Does anyone have tips for converting the Ancient Lands Pentology merit for 2E? I'm particularly stuck on the rotes part of the merit, as that particular rule no longer makes sense for 2E (since we get only three rotes with no restrictions on spell level beyond "you must be able to cast it normally in order to get a rote"), and I'm not sure how to fix it without making it too unbalanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aquatica1000 View Post
                          Does anyone have tips for converting the Ancient Lands Pentology merit for 2E? I'm particularly stuck on the rotes part of the merit, as that particular rule no longer makes sense for 2E (since we get only three rotes with no restrictions on spell level beyond "you must be able to cast it normally in order to get a rote&quot, and I'm not sure how to fix it without making it too unbalanced.
                          Can you post the merit for consideration?

Comment

• You could take the "Consilium/Order Status" merit and reinterpret it. I'm thinking especially about the part about accessing services. Where most Mages would negotiate with their Orders, your characters are assisted by other book-Awakened, Ancient Lands fandom and Pentalogy itself tugging at strings of Fate. You could also expand the scope of the original merit from access to Grimoires, to acces to other merits, as long as they're thematically related. For instance, Imbued Items replicating ones from the stories. You could also add the Social bonus where apropriate (+ for sympathisers, - for jealous Order members). Getting Mana for good deeds is a minor flourish, so you can include it without extra cost.

Edit: As for character creation, every Rote is now worth as much as one merit dot. What you can do is let players start the game with up to three extra Rotes, as long as they exchange free merit dots for them. The "Ancient Lands Awakening" merit won't have to calculate the worth of these Rotes, which can result in making it cheaper than the 1st edition version.
                            Last edited by Teatime; 12-20-2018, 01:15 PM.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

• When does your nimbus flare? Is it each time you cast a spell?

Comment

When does your nimbus flare? Is it each time you cast a spell?
                                That’s correct, though it will be the subtle version that only puts the Tilt on people using Mage Sight.

Comment

Working...
                                X