Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
    Thanks.

Another Question If I cast Golem on my terracotta army can I cast it with advanced scale animating them all with 1 cast? I only ask because mechanically they are retainers and that seems like a lot of merits to get at once.
    Sorta yes but Id use the staff merit for most of them and retainer for individual use.

Comment

• Yes, but there are some limitations:

- It can only do simple actions, because its "field" is simple labor, fighting and simple tasks. To make them more powerful, you need to either bind an emphemeral entity or create a mind wholesale with Mind 5
      - It has no Defense but has Durability based on its makeup and Structure of Durability + Size, looking at the preview on perfected metals might be very interesting for your goals

When the spell ends, you lose the merits and Sanctity of Merits does not apply, so its all good. However, the Permanence attainment means that can take long indeed. So the more you invest into your golem army, the better. Add Alter Integrity at Matter 5 to make them juggernauts, stuff like that.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

Comment

• Mind 1 Knowing would be the correct Practice to determine if a particular being is or is not sapient, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
          Mind 1 Knowing would be the correct Practice to determine if a particular being is or is not sapient, yes?
          I would say, yes... if casted upon the subject.
          Sensory Spell are Unveiling as practice, and the subject is herself. Knowing Spell are casted UPON a target.

Comment

• Misread something, redundant post. Please delete.
            Last edited by HardcoreHannes; 01-15-2019, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• If I make a Human with create life is it a sleeper?

Comment

If I make a Human with create life is it a sleeper?
                So, if you make a Human with just Life then it is not a Sleeper, but basically a Human shell. It would probably only have the basic of physical stimuli since no Mind is incorporated.

If you included a Mind with Mind 5, this would mean you have a Human Shell with a Mind. So, this would also technically not be a Human, but pretty close. So it would not be a Sleeper.

A Sleeper is essentially a "human" in that they have a shell, mind, and soul.

"Teamwork makes the dream work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
                  Mind 1 Knowing would be the correct Practice to determine if a particular being is or is not sapient, yes?
                  Technically yes, but its the harder way. Active Mind Sight allows you to detect at a glance if something is a thinking being, as well as if someone is asleep, comatose, awake, meditating or astral projecting. You are also aware when anyone you can perceive spends or gains Willpower.

If Mind is your Ruling Arcana, entering it is a reflexive action, otherwise its instant. Regardless of that, it requires no dice rolls and provides a much more comprehensive analysis than a Knowing spell.
                  Last edited by KaiserAfini; 01-15-2019, 08:27 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

Comment

• Creating a soul requires mastery of all 5 subtle Arcana.

But psychic genesis can create a Sleepwalker goetia, which is only relevant for yantras, as goetia suffer no Quiescence.

But if you meant your golem army, you could just bind an emphemeral entity to it. Moros are very well equipped for this. They can make the item an Anchor. Or they can bind or persuade the ghost to do it. Which means not only making golems with a huge variety of gadgets, but advanced "AI" for turrets, security systems, cars (the MIB one has nothing on a dedicated Moros), smartphones and much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
                      Creating a soul requires mastery of all 5 subtle Arcana.
                      It requires more than that, Mages cannot create souls.

Comment

• I thought it was subtler than that! Something like "some peeps think that you need 5 fold mastery, and as vanishingly rare as that is no one has proven success."

So it might be up to the ST if it works.

However I feel it implied that only archmages can do it. Alternatively it IS possible with 5fold mastery but without archmaster support you'll be assassinated?? My vote is on archmastery but I feel that tidbit from the book kept the door open for funsies

Comment

• Its one of those things no one has managed to pull off, but a lot of lore suggesting it. Most of it comes from the Tremere, so your mileage might vary (depending on what the ST wants to go with).

I think this historical expression fits the question well: Here Be Dragons
                          Last edited by KaiserAfini; 01-16-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• What determines a Demesne ruling arcanum? Are its ruling arcanums just the arcanums of the mages soulstone? The first soulstone used on it? Or the Symbols that fill the Demesne determine its Ruling acanum?

Comment

What determines a Demesne ruling arcanum? Are its ruling arcanums just the arcanums of the mages soulstone? The first soulstone used on it? Or the Symbols that fill the Demesne determine its Ruling acanum?
                              The the Mage's Soul Stone. You can combine multiple, thus making a Demesne that is attuned to all Five Paths and thus has all arcana.

"Teamwork makes the dream work!"

Comment

• is control fire affected by scale of the spell? If i make my bics flame into a forest fire how big is the fire?

Comment

Working...
                                X