No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Life 3 (Weavings) 'Many Faces' be sufficient to change someone's sex?
    Last edited by Tabanese; 05-14-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tabanese View Post
      Would Life 3 (Weavings) 'Many Faces' be sufficient to change someone's sex?
      Yup, that would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tabanese View Post
        Would Life 3 (Weavings) 'Many Faces' be sufficient to change someone's sex?
        Yup, that would work.

Comment

• What would the Spiritual Implication of using the name of one of the Exarchs as a Shadow name it”s Mammon by the way and the Character is a Ancho-communist that wants to bring Fully Automated space Communism.

Comment

• I mean, the Exarchs don't have names, they have titles, Mammon is the name of a Ministry in service to The Chancellor, and much like you don't name yourself Odin if you like both your eyes, it's probably a bad idea (and is definitely in bad taste).

Though it's not as bad an idea as using Exarchial Yantras without being a Prelate.

Arguably, though, it's also a vague enough title that it doesn't actually manifest in any meaningful way, though it's still in bad taste.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
            Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

• So what would happen then?
              She’s doing this almost Entirely to piss Authority figures off. She loves doing that and Booze.

Comment

• Either a) She would steadily become more and more like the Chancellor, or b) nothing.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

• Mammon has meaning beyond its connection to the Chancellor. The character would start to exhibit signs of greed and would likely have ill-gotten or somehow tainted wealth gather to them.

It's a terrible name for an anarcho-communist, because ironic Shadow Names don't really work.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                    So what would happen then?
                    She’s doing this almost Entirely to piss Authority figures off. She loves doing that and Booze.
                    The way to make it work would be to actually craft a deliberate Persona around it with the Shadow Name merit. Just using it casually leaves you open to what other people think it means.

I could actually see Mammon working for them well. Like, "you cannot serve God and Mammon", is usually taken to mean that there's an inherent opposition between the pursuit of material goods and religious spirituality. A communist perspective might affirm that phrase but reverse the importance. People's material wants are fine, they're merely perverted by the systems they exist within, and spirituality is a way for people to come to terms with that state.

That said, it doesn't sound like that's what the character wants to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                      So what would happen then?
                      Might I recommend Scrooge for irony?
                      Or perhaps Dionysus or Bacchus if you want booze and rebellious attitude.

Using the name of the enemy more explicitely miiight be better reserved for a character meant for tragedy and failure. Such as "fights Exarch but accidentally becomes their best servant if they even survive"

EDIT: I meant these suggestions with Shadow Merit cuz Michaels right

Comment

• If a mage goes into twilight and goes underground can they float or climb back to the surface or are they stuck?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kallarah View Post
                          If a mage goes into twilight and goes underground can they float or climb back to the surface or are they stuck?
                          Floating tends to only be for aesthetic purposes.

Comment

• How do they go underground in the first place? That ghosts and spirits can walk around implies that what they're walking on is solid even in Twilight. Not sure it's possible to just sink into the Earth while in Twilight (unless, similar to flight, it's related to the entity's nature; like a mole spirit).

Bloodline: The Stygians
                            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Is Destroying an abyssal entity like a Acamoth and Gulmoth an act of hubris?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                                Is Destroying an abyssal entity like a Acamoth and Gulmoth an act of hubris?
                                I'd say generally "no," so maybe we should rather consider ways in which it would be.

Obvious one is a character becoming power-hungry or dangerous for the attempt, successful or not. Doing so indiscrimently without regard for collateral damage. Compare with a heroic defeat of a gulmoth that hunted innocent people. How an Arrow might do this compared to a Seer if you will.

It might also depend on what the character knows. Abyssals are even more indestructable than Supernals. Killing Supernals doesn't sometimes make them cease existing but causes them to slip into the Abyss. Only way I know to permanelty do them in is IN the Abyss. They're not really here in our world, they sort of press themselves in. I think it was in Summoners this was explained, its kind of like the Who quote "a footprint doesn't look like a boot", the gulmoth's full antisymbology doesnt ever truly enter our world, hence why paradoxes summon them---no matter how they get here theyre technically paradoxes, so the full "is not" is never here.

A character who knows killing the gulmoth is rationally pointless may be fine, but a mage who doesn't know this and gets a power trip or feels motivated by endless revenge might still face hubris when killing gulmoths as often as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X