No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the Outward and Inward eye +2 Reach effect interact with Scrying magic? Would a mage be able to see back into a one way Scrying window?

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
      How does the Outward and Inward eye +2 Reach effect interact with Scrying magic? Would a mage be able to see back into a one way Scrying window?
      Yes, but only if they knew it were there. It might also require a CoW at the ST's discretion. Probably does imo since it's the intent of the 1-way viewer not to be seen, and the intent of the OaIE user to see.

Comment

• Are there any examples of diseases and their severity?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
          Are there any examples of diseases and their severity?
          In dark eras companion it is showed the black death and it seems to be a severity 2 disease

Comment

• Lets say a ghost still looks like it did when alive (hasn't been warped by the Underworld or similarly unfortunate circumstances), could you create a lesser type of manifestation by using an Unveiling to make them visible in the material and Touch of the Grave to let them interact with physical objects within an area ? Basically something to give the impression they are still alive.
            Last edited by KaiserAfini; 05-18-2019, 12:06 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

• Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
              Lets say a ghost still looks like it did when alive (hasn't been warped by the Underworld or similarly unfortunate circumstances), could you create a lesser type of manifestation by using an Unveiling to make them visible in the material and Touch of the Grave to let them interact with physical objects within an area ? Basically something to give the impression they are still alive.
              A Death Veiling could hide their dead nature, and yes you could use spells other than their Manifestation mechanics to make them both visible and solid. It requires a bit more investment of spells than just exploiting their natural mechanics, but other than that there's no problem.

Comment

• Makes sense, thanks.

One more question: a mage needs Gnosis 3 to become a founder of a Legacy, but do they use the minimum Gnosis chart for the orthodox ones (because they are creating the Legacy's orthodoxy) or the novel Attainment one (because they are coming up with something new as they develop each new one) ?

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
                  Makes sense, thanks.

One more question: a mage needs Gnosis 3 to become a founder of a Legacy, but do they use the minimum Gnosis chart for the orthodox ones (because they are creating the Legacy's orthodoxy) or the novel Attainment one (because they are coming up with something new as they develop each new one) ?
                  Novel, because they are coming up with a new attainment each time.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

• Got it, thank you

Comment

• Have the purview and capabilities of the Fate arcanum changed much between editions? Specifically Fate and not magic or casting in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mother's Love View Post
                        Have the purview and capabilities of the Fate arcanum changed much between editions? Specifically Fate and not magic or casting in general.
                        Not sure what you mean.

Comment

• Hey guys I have a doubt about supernal summoning. So, if I summon a Rank 5 entity that means it has its main arcana level 5, right? Level 5 Arcana means that it has access to the making and unmaking practices so, if a rank 5 supernal entity has the power to create things, can it create the summoning circle that keeps it safe from essence bleeding in another location? My team group is about to summon a Moirae, it uses Fate. And I'm in doubt if it's possible to unsummon it when finished or we need to wait it to bleed Corpus until disappear?

Comment

• Originally posted by jclepf View Post
                            Hey guys I have a doubt about supernal summoning. So, if I summon a Rank 5 entity that means it has its main arcana level 5, right? Level 5 Arcana means that it has access to the making and unmaking practices so, if a rank 5 supernal entity has the power to create things, can it create the summoning circle that keeps it safe from essence bleeding in another location? My team group is about to summon a Moirae, it uses Fate. And I'm in doubt if it's possible to unsummon it when finished or we need to wait it to bleed Corpus until disappear?
                            If a summoned Supernal entity could do that, then a Master would not need to engage with the system of Supernal Summoning, which should be as clear an indicator as anything that a Supernal entity below the level of pure plot-device can't circumvent the systems required to bring a Supernal entity into reality.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Hey guys I have a doubt about supernal summoning. So, if I summon a Rank 5 entity that means it has its main arcana level 5, right? Level 5 Arcana means that it has access to the making and unmaking practices so, if a rank 5 supernal entity has the power to create things, can it create the summoning circle that keeps it safe from essence bleeding in another location? My team group is about to summon a Moirae, it uses Fate. And I'm in doubt if it's possible to unsummon it when finished or we need to wait it to bleed Corpus until disappear?
                              The entity will leave on its own when it’s done unless you’ve gotten it so far away from the summoning circle that it can’t make it back in time before being taken by the Abyss.

Comment

but they also lack attainments, which you need for them to summon. So, not in and of themselves. An ST COULD just make up a numina or an Influence that can swing it, but Rank 5 Supernals aren't going tp have such things so lightly. Also, my suggestion cuts heavily into the entities numins count so....

Comment

Working...
                                X