No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mhhh but... if i erase opacity...i can made again revelation with another Arcana, too?
    Example: Examine a spell of Life and Space. My Tyrsus had only Life Spirit and Fate.
    Next week he learn is first dot on Space Arcana.
    Can he study again the spell with Life And Space?

Comment

• That's the part where it gets unclear. I would allow the mage to try a Revelation roll to get any extra info. The way I understand it, you should use the same Opacity as the last time.

Comment

• On Discord Server, this is the idea that talked about.
        I found this neat too!
        Erase Opacity, and than you can RE roll for Revelation with another arcana. Some mystery need 2+ Arcana for be scrutinized/reveleaded.

Permutation make this information gathering process more fast, when this is not mandatory from the start.
        Last edited by The Throne; 08-09-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Should Area of Effect spells behave like continuous effects in the area, or bursts that affect everyone at the moment of casting, or can they be both?

Some effects have an area as a subject, so them being continuous seems obvious. But what about a Shielding spell intended to affect subjects in the area and not the area itself? To me that seems to be ok, but then I'm asking myself what if I just want it to be like a burst, like Shielding allies before heading into danger, is that ok too?

Comment

• AoE effects affect only those in the area, if the subjects leave the area they are no longer valid subjects for an AoE spell.

Your example of a Shielding Spell is a spell that has multiple subjects and is not actually cast on the area at all, as you pointed out.

Comment

• Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

• Good day,
                I understand the rules of inuring a spell from wisdom roll, but i don t understand how it is possible.
                You make a bargain with the abyss or something similar?

Comment

• http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-inured-spells

I had similar questions a while back and created this thread. It might help!

Comment

• Originally posted by Katana1515 View Post
                    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-inured-spells

I had similar questions a while back and created this thread. It might help!
                    It cleared my toughts, thank you

Comment

• How common are Imbued Items in mage society?

Comment

• I think there should be a fair number of them kicking around, or at least stashed in the Orders' vaults. My reasoning is that even if you think there should be few people able to create them, you have millennia of Diamond history to pass them from Master to Apprentice and to accumulate in Order Archives.

Comment

• What happens to your oneiros when you die?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                            What happens to your oneiros when you die?
                            I think that probably it s slowly absorbed by temenos, the memories in common with other people at last, while the others fade away

Comment

• The Oneiros is both your soul and your mind (in a way) but when you die the mind dies and the soul disappears into the unknown. As such I think that the Oneiros becomes cut off from the rest of the Astral, or at least changed in a way that makes it impossible to visit. What happens after that is pretty difficult to observe in-setting since you can't observe an Oneiros from the outside and scrying inside it might not reveal anything.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• The best way to find out is to be in the Oneiros when the person generating it kicks the bucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X