Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by EW-Matias View Post
    Page 299 literally describes Integrity as the health of the Soul. I think having particularly Low or High Integrity or Wisdom should count as a Soul Mark. I'd tell a player wether the character falls into Elightened, Understanding or Falling Wisdom, or if they get either a big or small bonus/penalty to breaking points.
    Both integrity and wisdom are described as some kind of soul health, so i was confused about Soul marks not revealing any info

    Comment


    • How much mana would you grant for a blood sacrifice of a horror?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
        How much mana would you grant for a blood sacrifice of a horror?
        How I would run it:

        Depends on the horror, anywhere from 1 (or none) in the case of an individual member of a fairly weak swarm, to as much as you can harvest before it dissipates in the case of some sort of giant elder god thing.

        A single fly from a swarm of hundreds of evil flies whose buzzing causes insanity: no mana

        Cthulhu: as much as you can find a way to store.
        Last edited by Custos Tenebrarum; 10-15-2019, 02:08 PM.

        Comment


        • I think Sundered World did it that you get something like the creatures stamina or size, once size is at least 5, (only 1 mana if size is less than 5).

          So I'd go with size+horror rating. Horror Potency 4 and size 7 could be 11 mana perhaps.

          Comment


          • Thanks for the Advice.

            Also Another question I am not exactly 100% clear on when you try to summon a supernal being can you specify a entity?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
              Thanks for the Advice.

              Also Another question I am not exactly 100% clear on when you try to summon a supernal being can you specify a entity?
              If you have three dots in the Arcana you want the Supernal entity to have as its secondary Arcana then you can specify that, but there are no rules for summoning, say, Samael the Seraph.


              Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

              Comment


              • Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

                If you have three dots in the Arcana you want the Supernal entity to have as its secondary Arcana then you can specify that, but there are no rules for summoning, say, Samael the Seraph.
                True, but in signs of sorcery i found this:
                "If a mage attempts to summon a Supernal entity that dwells within the Aedes...l
                "When you attempt to summon your Supernal watcher, the summoning only..."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

                  True, but in signs of sorcery i found this:
                  "If a mage attempts to summon a Supernal entity that dwells within the Aedes...l
                  "When you attempt to summon your Supernal watcher, the summoning only..."

                  WalkingEye

                  I looked those up.


                  The rules for the Supernal Watcher merit imply that you can summon your specific watcher (and that it is easier than summoning other supernal entities). However, watchers are limited to rank 1 or 2.

                  Summoning whatever entity happens to live in the Aedes does not, to me, count as summoning a specific entity.


                  Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

                  Comment


                  • While there’s no specific rule for it, I’d totally allow the summoning of a specific Supernal Entity. Give it a whole specific ritual you have to perform and so on. Cram Order libraries with records of how to summon who.

                    Comment


                    • The books reference that you can research a particular supernals trial before attempting to summon them, so you likely can summon specific supernals if you have both the appropriate Targeted Arcana and are of the appropriate Path.


                      Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

                      Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

                      Comment


                      • Summoning specific entities is like trapping a specific wild animal, but you can't see what you caught til the trap is sprung. 1e described it as sort of *luring* Supernals to you, the Summoning creates a way to interact with our world and eventually a denizen decides, for whatever reason, to use your summons, for curiosity or some other reason.

                        So you can never force a specific entity to come against its will, but if the ST has a denizen in mind in which it would be *glad* to show up for anyone who uses its sigils in the ritual? Then it becomes VERY possible. It would be like the Bat Signal, the denizen can choose not to come, and then you might get "Robin" by mistake, but its almost certain you'll get "Batman", it knows you are calling and it believes it should come when called.

                        Comment


                        • Empty Presence death 5 does it resolve all conditions to the point were persistent conditions like disabled or blind in a lasting way?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                            Empty Presence death 5 does it resolve all conditions to the point were persistent conditions like disabled or blind in a lasting way?
                            Seems like it, but that would be an ST call.

                            Comment


                            • If your Legacy's secondary Arcanum is Time and you have a mana spending fourth primary Attainment, is it viable to say "mana is spent to and, if you have Time 4, to activate Time in a Bottle, truncated to one mana due to Legacy rules" ? I imagine not, but am not sure. Would it be valid for a side effect of the fourth optional Time Attainment to incorporate Time in a Bottle into the primary one ?


                              New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

                              The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists
                              The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
                                If your Legacy's secondary Arcanum is Time and you have a mana spending fourth primary Attainment, is it viable to say "mana is spent to and, if you have Time 4, to activate Time in a Bottle, truncated to one mana due to Legacy rules" ? I imagine not, but am not sure. Would it be valid for a side effect of the fourth optional Time Attainment to incorporate Time in a Bottle into the primary one ?
                                Personally I'd absolutely allow the second one - "If you have time 4, this attainment only requires (snipping a lock of your hair / lighting a candle / praying to the goddess / some thematic Instant action) instead of a scene to activate, and..."

                                I tend to be more flexible than the book suggests on adding reach to attainments in general though, so your mileage may vary. My rule of thumb is "if you add a significant restriction beyond those in the base spell, you can get +1 reach in the attainment."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X