Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KaiserAfini
    replied
    With a Patterning of Life or Mind, you could inflict the Chronic Agony persistent condition. Its definitely painful, its very inconvenient since it can stun the target at a critical time and can be fine tuned so that the physical (or mental if cast using Mind) stimulus sends a message.

Leave a comment:

• orathaic
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    The rules do not allow for changing how ritual intervals work like that. Direct damage dealing spells are not meant to cause damage over time, or they would do so as part of their base effect.

If the point isn't to inflict any actual damage and only cause pain, then that would be much better handled by a Condition.
    If you do want to cause damage but at a steady pace not dictated by your Gnosis, then a Tilt would be the best fit.
    In both cases the spell would be Withstood by the subject.
    It isn't that i don't want to cause damage, it is just that dealing less that 1 point of bashing every 15 minutes would mean it keeps healing.

I guess it is closer to a poisoned condition - though reading the rules on poisons, the tilt seems excessive. Applying a condition seems idealer

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    The rules do not allow for changing how ritual intervals work like that. Direct damage dealing spells are not meant to cause damage over time, or they would do so as part of their base effect.

If the point isn't to inflict any actual damage and only cause pain, then that would be much better handled by a Condition.
    If you do want to cause damage but at a steady pace not dictated by your Gnosis, then a Tilt would be the best fit.
    In both cases the spell would be Withstood by the subject.

Leave a comment:

• orathaic
    replied
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    The creative thaumaturgy rules show how damage spells with long durations will periodically apply their Potency damage after intervals equal to the mage's ritual casting time. Make a Fraying spell last for a day, it will cause 3 bashing damage every 3 hours (if you're Gnosis 1).

I'd say spells that do other forms of damage over time need to produce effects that would already cause that kind of damage, like how Forces can bring about a fire that harms over extended contact.
    I'm not thinking about creating effects which then do damage over time (like using forces to create a fire which keeps burning, or presumably you could use life to burst a blood vessel in the brain).

Just changing the instant Potency damage of a lasting effect direct damage spell into a slower Potency damage over spell duration(or over ritual time, i guess) so 3 bashing every 3 hours (say), but have it slowed to 1 bashing per hour (they would actually heal that naturally... So it would be like a really annoying pain in your head every hour... But i am thinking of an effect which feels like a constant pain).

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    The creative thaumaturgy rules show how damage spells with long durations will periodically apply their Potency damage after intervals equal to the mage's ritual casting time. Make a Fraying spell last for a day, it will cause 3 bashing damage every 3 hours (if you're Gnosis 1).

I'd say spells that do other forms of damage over time need to produce effects that would already cause that kind of damage, like how Forces can bring about a fire that harms over extended contact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X