Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rtemplar View Post
    damn.....makes everything really tough to do then if base difficulty is 8. as for the xp cost for striking looks..i must have the 1e version...cuz it says new dot times 2. please tell me page number for praxis...thanks
    8 isn't that hard to hit, most of the time you're only looking for a single success anyway and where you'd get a difficulty lowering in CWoD you'd get a number of bonus dice in CofD, outside of contested rolls, extended actions and combat you'll only ever need to get 1 success to do a thing.

Ah yeah, you're using 1e. So praxis aren't a thing in 1e and the cost is 6xp for a 2 dot merit bought after creation.

Comment

• Not sure if it's been asked.

If you lower a target's Withstand trait with a spell,
      and then you cast a second spell with a low potency on the weakened subject,
      does the second spell stop working when the first spell wears off due to a returning withstand?

Comment

• I would assume yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yelesom View Post
          Not sure if it's been asked.

does the second spell stop working when the first spell wears off due to a returning withstand?
          Yes.

(characters)

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Yelesom View Post
            Not sure if it's been asked.

Yeah, the opposite works as well, so if the withstand has been raised above the potency by magic and the withstand raising magic stops for whatever reason then the spell will take effect as normal.

Comment

• HI guys,

i have a question about abyss environment tilt, can someone tell me where is it in the book or what is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glauber View Post
                HI guys,

i have a question about abyss environment tilt, can someone tell me where is it in the book or what is it?
                Based on a search through the book and a glance at this thread and this thread I think they're not in the book and something you have to come up with on your own. It's possible the upcoming supplement has some.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

Based on a search through the book and a glance at this thread and this thread I think they're not in the book and something you have to come up with on your own. It's possible the upcoming supplement has some.

It is as I feared, but thank you for your help.

Comment

• What other penalties apply to the spellcasting pool besides self imposed (for factors) and enemy spells?

Like do effects that make it hard to concentrate do anything?

Likewise, does a supernatural effect penalize the pool? For instance, casting a spell to find and/or follow a werewolf through a crowd while it is in human form. Is that all just handled by the withstand system or maybe clash of wills?

Comment

• Officially, none.

You may wish to have effects that penalize concentration work on magic, though.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• I am not sure but...
                        Situation: Obrimos with Prime 2 Time 2 Force 2
                        1) If my mage use post cognition... can he use other spell for "scan" npc's lies with Pierce Detection?
                        2) Can use Nightvision for have better vision ?
                        3) His peripherical magic sight, activate if a ghost ,unseen, use a numina on the scene ?
                        4) Can use focused mage sight too?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

• You can use Mage Sight with Postcognition just fine. The other spells have to be Combined with it.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Dave Brookshaw Shouldn't it work like Scrying and count as viewing them remotely?

[2E] Moinen's Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Moinen Based on the errata to Temporal Sympathy, casting spells back in time requires a Combined Spell, combining one Time spell that uses Temporal Sympathy and one spell for effect. This errata makes it harder for mages to throw magic back in time at low Gnosis, by my understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moinen View Post
                                Dave Brookshaw Shouldn't it work like Scrying and count as viewing them remotely?
                                There isn't an option to remote cast on things in the past, and since the errata came out you can't use Temporal Sympathy on a spell that doesn't specifically call for it. Using Combined Casting with Postcognition or another spell that requires Temporal Sympathy effectively makes the non-Time spell into a Time spell, thus qualifying it for casting into the past.

Originally posted by SonOfSilkAndStone View Post
                                Moinen Based on the errata to Temporal Sympathy, casting spells back in time requires a Combined Spell, combining one Time spell that uses Temporal Sympathy and one spell for effect. This errata makes it harder for mages to throw magic back in time at low Gnosis, by my understanding.
                                Ninja'd. I don't know if that's the reason it was done. It just complicates the method by which magic can be sent into the past, it doesn't actually resolve the questions that were raised because of the ability to do it. Usually along the lines of, how do you resolve that? Though maybe it does help since you have guidelines in those Time spells about how to resolve their effects and you can thus pair those guidelines with the combined spell that just got winged out and maybe come more easily to a resolution.

By the way, I think it would be more interesting if you could Remote Cast on subjects in the past.
                                Last edited by Mrmdubois; 09-09-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X