X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falcon777
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
    I have a Gnosis 1 Space 3 PC that wants to catch up to her cabal-mates that are about 2 hours away by car. She has a picture of her cabal-mates and a weak sympathetic connection to them, but they are in a location that she has never been to and they have only recently arrived at having never been there before themselves. How can she best get there within the next minute or so?
    Don't forget that if he doesn't know their true names then the connection weakens by one step (in this case from weak to non-existent).

Comment

• Tessie
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Falcon777 View Post
      Don't forget that if he doesn't know their true names then the connection weakens by one step (in this case from weak to non-existent).
      It increases Sympathetic Withstand level by one, not decreasing the Sympathetic Connection by one. The Sympathetic Connection is still Weak while the Sympathetic Withstand rating would be 4 without the Shadow Name.

Best way is to cast Co-Location on your Cabal mate.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
      Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Neos01
        • Jun 2018

I was thinking of a side advantage to add to double ruling arcana legacies, what do you think would be more cool and less unbalancing?
        -add a free step in the spell primary factor
        -gain the ability to switch primary factor with a reach to all other factors (like scale)

Comment

• Mrmdubois
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
          I was thinking of a side advantage to add to double ruling arcana legacies, what do you think would be more cool and less unbalancing?
          -add a free step in the spell primary factor
          -gain the ability to switch primary factor with a reach to all other factors (like scale)
          I don’t think it should mess with spells at all. I’d give an advantage in the use of the double ruling arcana’s Mage Sight. This does two things, it clearly highlights that the Mage has a deeper understanding of his Path’s symbolism than the average Mage of that Path, and it fits with the dev’s intent to give a slight edge in XP gain.

I think I’d set it so Exceptional Success on FMS takes only 3 successes, and they count the arcana twice when calculating how many “safe” FMS rolls they get.

If I absolutely had to choose between the two options you present though, the second one isn’t actually a benefit, but the first one isn’t bad. I’d use the free step in the primary factor.
          Last edited by Mrmdubois; 11-10-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Master Aquatosic
            • Sep 2015

What was the Acanthus Inferior Arcanum again? And would they be the best Path for a Guardian like the one in the 1e opening fic, who seems to mostly use magic subtly to pull off improbable stunts and lucky breaks?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Michael
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
              What was the Acanthus Inferior Arcanum again? And would they be the best Path for a Guardian like the one in the 1e opening fic, who seems to mostly use magic subtly to pull off improbable stunts and lucky breaks?
              Forces.

Do you mean Zeno? I think he's an Acanthus Arrow.

Comment

• Mrmdubois
                • Apr 2014

Any Path can use magic in a subtle way. There isn’t a best Path for that.

Comment

• Falcon777
                  • Sep 2015

In fact, not only is every path capable of using magic subtly, every path is capable of joining a legacy that has Fate as its primary arcanum, thus allowing for all of those improbably stunts and lucky breaks.

Comment

• Neos01
                    • Jun 2018

While a Guardian of veil is using his Masque do you think he can still use his Shadow name yantra?

Comment

• Mrmdubois
                      • Apr 2014

While a Guardian of veil is using his Masque do you think he can still use his Shadow name yantra?
                      Sure. There’s nothing stopping two Mages from having the same Shadow Name, and this is no different.

Comment

• Neos01
                        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Sure. There’s nothing stopping two Mages from having the same Shadow Name, and this is no different.
                        But if i understand it correctly using the Masque means adopting a new identity (for example the Silent Killer).
                        Can i still cast a fire spell as the Dragon (shadow name example) if i am using the Silent Killer Masque ?

Comment

• Tessie
                          • May 2016

Theoretically, yes. But individual Guardians might choose not to in order to further distinguish the different identities.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
                          Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Mrmdubois
                            • Apr 2014

But if i understand it correctly using the Masque means adopting a new identity (for example the Silent Killer).
                            Can i still cast a fire spell as the Dragon (shadow name example) if i am using the Silent Killer Masque ?
                            Okay, think of it like this. The Masque is a separate personality that shares a body with the original Mage. Just how much you disassociate doesn't really matter for this example, but it could go -all- the way to being basically another person with their own life and the only thing it has in common with the guy who isn't the Masque is that they share a body.

Now, let's take two Mages that don't share a body. It turns out they can both call themselves the Dragon because Mages don't have copy-right laws about Shadow Names.

Back to the Guardian. Other than the fact that they share a -body- what makes these any different than the two regular Mages both named Dragon? Why can they not both call themselves Dragon?

Tessie makes a good point though, a Guardian's Masque can use the same Shadow Name as the non-Masque persona, but it will make the whole point of using a Masque more complicated.

Comment

• Neos01
                              • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Okay, think of it like this. The Masque is a separate personality that shares a body with the original Mage. Just how much you disassociate doesn't really matter for this example, but it could go -all- the way to being basically another person with their own life and the only thing it has in common with the guy who isn't the Masque is that they share a body.

Now, let's take two Mages that don't share a body. It turns out they can both call themselves the Dragon because Mages don't have copy-right laws about Shadow Names.

Back to the Guardian. Other than the fact that they share a -body- what makes these any different than the two regular Mages both named Dragon? Why can they not both call themselves Dragon?

Guest makes a good point though, a Guardian's Masque can use the same Shadow Name as the non-Masque persona, but it will make the whole point of using a Masque more complicated.
                              Thanks, the fact that the Masque require only a change of personality , with a change of identity not mandatory, clarify things a lot.
                              So using a Shadow name in the Masque is possible but complicated in case of infiltration, right?

Comment

• Mrmdubois
                                • Apr 2014

Thanks, the fact that the Masque require only a change of personality , with a change of identity not mandatory, clarify things a lot.
                                So using a Shadow name in the Masque is possible but complicated in case of infiltration, right?
                                It will probably complicate more than just infiltration, but basically yeah.

Comment

Working...