X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suleri Drals
    started a topic Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

I reopen the thread : (Original author : Archmage Joda)

To restart :

Q1 : Camelot was created by Imperium Rite or Practice ?

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by Therian View Post
    What type of Mind spell would let you enter an unwilling Mage’s Oneiros and what would be the advantage of that over using Mind spells to get information or change things?
    To enter an Oneiros you need to work with the person to get to their Oneiros via a dream bridge, or you must have telepathic contact. Theoretically, Mental Scan with the Reach to read surface thoughts is all you need, but your ST may disagree. Telepathy is a sure bet.

Leave a comment:

• KaiserAfini
    replied
    Originally posted by Therian View Post
    What type of Mind spell would let you enter an unwilling Mage’s Oneiros and what would be the advantage of that over using Mind spells to get information or change things?

I think you would need a Weaving to force them into the meditative trance so you could follow them in. Weaving is enough to open the gates of the Arcanum's related phenomenons.

The advantage is simple, discretion. For example, if you convince the goetia responsible for a memory that locking it up will be in the mage's best interests, they will, which leaves no trace (provided you wiped any traces of your Nimbus after casting the entrance spell). Convincing their daimon could make their Obsessions change. Empowering or humiliating certain goetia will alter their weight on the mage's mind. Better yet, alter the data for an important memory or flee into the Temenos with it. Altering the subject manually is a lot more work, but it can have very powerful and long lasting effects.

Leave a comment:

• Therian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    Originally posted by Khalendas View Post
    Thanks for the answers, i'd have some other doubts tho:
    - Death's Cold produces tilts and condition, at least with Cold Snap. Would it be possibile for other death spells of higher level to create Extreme Environment level or it only worsen condition and tilts?
    Death doesn't really lend itself to causing Extreme Environment as it can't really affect weather patterns the same way Forces can; Forces can cause cascade effects in weather systems, Death would be limited to whatever the scale of the spell is.

- About the mechanic of cold I meant game mechanic, my bad ^_^'
    Same answer. Death has cold because of how "cold" is "made."

- About Fools Rush In, a couple of turns after leeroy jenkinsing in a fight, for example, the spell would no more work because the caster is already in "too deep" in a situation or if something else unexpected happens he can use again the bonus (like another enemy popping out of nowhere or an attack from somewhere unseen)?
    The bonus applies so long as the character is winging it, there's nothing that says or implies the bonus should stop working at any point barring in depth preparation.

Leave a comment:

• Khalendas
    replied
    Thanks for the answers, i'd have some other doubts tho:
    - Death's Cold produces tilts and condition, at least with Cold Snap. Would it be possibile for other death spells of higher level to create Extreme Environment level or it only worsen condition and tilts?
    - About the mechanic of cold I meant game mechanic, my bad ^_^'
    - About Fools Rush In, a couple of turns after leeroy jenkinsing in a fight, for example, the spell would no more work because the caster is already in "too deep" in a situation or if something else unexpected happens he can use again the bonus (like another enemy popping out of nowhere or an attack from somewhere unseen)?

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    Originally posted by Khalendas View Post
    Hello, I have a some questions regarding Cold and the Arcanum of Death:
    - With Death 3, Cold Snap, you can freeze an area enough to impose the ice tilt and with 1 reach you inflict the Extreme cold condition. Does this translate in any way to an extreme environment rating?
    No, it does not directly correlate to a specific Extreme Environment rating. Extreme Environment is meant to model large area effects of nature such as weather or earthquakes.

- If it does, with a potency of 4 should the spell create a level 4 hazard? Or a Patterning would be better suited?
    See above.

- Could Cold Snap work as a dorect attack? Having your body instantly turn from warm to frozen is surely excruciating. And paralyzing too.
    A direct attack just deals direct damage. You could certainly have a cold-based direct attack spell with Death, its base effects would be identical to Rotting Flesh, but its reach option could be to inflict the Extreme Cold tilt.

In general, I'm unsure on how cold works with the arcanum of Death, from a mechanical point of view.
    "Cold" is "produced" by slowing down molecular motion, basically you're "killing" energy.

Moreover, but about acceleration (Time 3):
    - If a mage accelerates himself with a potency of 6, for example, if an hour elapses for those around him not under the spell shouldn't he feel the effect of 6 hours of being awake, standing still etc. etc.? Or the spell shields the caster from this possible effect?
    I'd say it's up to the Mage casting the spell, but by default there would be no deleterious effects from the spell as they'd normally be mentioned (and probably have reach option to ignore them).

- The spell seems to me similar to Vampiric Celerity. If this is true, the caster shouldn't be seeing everything at normal speed and "just" react way way faster to things he is aware of?
    Similar to, but different from. The Mage is actually controlling Time itself, which means the particulars will be different than merely fast reaction times.

Finally, about Fools Rush In (Fate 2):
    - "Little or no knowledge about a situation" is a bit unclear to me. One of my players translated it more or less in "every time something unexpected happens I can use the bonus", but I'm not much convinced. Can somenone give me an example or two to understand the boundaries of this spell?
    "A turn or two of studying the scene before acting is acceptable, but extensive reconnaissance or a detailed briefing does not permit the necessary degree of randomness this spell requires."

Any time the subject of the spell does something without having more than a round or two of preparation the bonus applies.

Spend hours poring over plans for breaking into the secure compound? No bonus. Eyeball for a few seconds before Leeroy Jenkinsing the gate? Bonus.

Leave a comment:

• Khalendas
    replied
    Hello, I have a some questions regarding Cold and the Arcanum of Death:
    - With Death 3, Cold Snap, you can freeze an area enough to impose the ice tilt and with 1 reach you inflict the Extreme cold condition. Does this translate in any way to an extreme environment rating?
    - If it does, with a potency of 4 should the spell create a level 4 hazard? Or a Patterning would be better suited?
    - Could Cold Snap work as a dorect attack? Having your body instantly turn from warm to frozen is surely excruciating. And paralyzing too.

In general, I'm unsure on how cold works with the arcanum of Death, from a mechanical point of view.

Moreover, but about acceleration (Time 3):
    - If a mage accelerates himself with a potency of 6, for example, if an hour elapses for those around him not under the spell shouldn't he feel the effect of 6 hours of being awake, standing still etc. etc.? Or the spell shields the caster from this possible effect?
    - The spell seems to me similar to Vampiric Celerity. If this is true, the caster shouldn't be seeing everything at normal speed and "just" react way way faster to things he is aware of?

Finally, about Fools Rush In (Fate 2):
    - "Little or no knowledge about a situation" is a bit unclear to me. One of my players translated it more or less in "every time something unexpected happens I can use the bonus", but I'm not much convinced. Can somenone give me an example or two to understand the boundaries of this spell?

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
    Does the life spell Animal minion give you access to the subject senses?
    Because if you are unaware of your surroundings it can be hard to direct the puppet without other arcana
    It’s basically Life based Possession, so yes.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Does the life spell Animal minion give you access to the subject senses?
    Because if you are unaware of your surroundings it can be hard to direct the puppet without other arcana

Leave a comment:

• KaiserAfini
    replied
    Ok, makes sense, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
    Cool, thank you. One more question, Sleepwalkers count as a +1 environment yantra, independent of number, correct ? Or is it dependent on the number of Sleepwalkers ?

In essence, I am wondering if a Thrice Great lodge could try to get enough allies to cast a Spirit conjunctional variation of ir to empower a big spell.
    All Sleepwalkers together counts as the environment, and the environment Yantra grants a +1 bonus.

Leave a comment:

• KaiserAfini
    replied
    Cool, thank you. One more question, Sleepwalkers count as a +1 environment yantra, independent of number, correct ? Or is it dependent on the number of Sleepwalkers ?

In essence, I am wondering if a Thrice Great lodge could try to get enough allies to cast a Spirit conjunctional variation of ir to empower a big spell.

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
    Psychic Genesis lets you, with a Reach, create a goetia that counts as a Sleepwalker for ritual casting purposes. If you just wanted to add that property to an existing one, how could it be done ? With a Reach option on the Ritual Focus Spell ? With a Weaving ? Pattering perhaps ? I think either of the furst two, but I am not sure.

I don't see why not.

Leave a comment:

• KaiserAfini
    replied
    Psychic Genesis lets you, with a Reach, create a goetia that counts as a Sleepwalker for ritual casting purposes. If you just wanted to add that property to an existing one, how could it be done ? With a Reach option on the Ritual Focus Spell ? With a Weaving ? Pattering perhaps ? I think either of the furst two, but I am not sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X