X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suleri Drals
    started a topic Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

I reopen the thread : (Original author : Archmage Joda)

To restart :

Q1 : Camelot was created by Imperium Rite or Practice ?

• Neos01
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    How does Peripheral Mage Sight interact with demons' subtler powers, particularly Embeds and stuff like Legend?
    Legend would probably be under Cover concealment, but embeds are active use of a power so i think they are detectable

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    How does Peripheral Mage Sight interact with demons' subtler powers, particularly Embeds and stuff like Legend?

Leave a comment:

• EW-Matias
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

I agree with that.
    But i don t understand the in game reason for why healing willpower should be more difficult than healing health levels.
    Mostly a balance call. Your ways of replenishing Willpower are usually limited and require dramatic actions or developments, or many days without spending more. Healing bashing damage is trivial and even a few lethal may not bother you at all before healing naturally.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

The base effect is Perfecting because it can be accomplished with a Perfecting spell. Patterning would allow you to restore multiple Willpower at once by altering the state of the Mind to a different state (i.e. without willpower to with).
    I agree with that.
    But i don t understand the in game reason for why healing willpower should be more difficult than healing health levels.

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord Jub-Jub View Post

I should have clarified that the question was actually “Is the base effect of restoring willpower patterning or perfecting” rather than adding in my observations of looking at effects, so that’s on me.
    The base effect is Perfecting because it can be accomplished with a Perfecting spell. Patterning would allow you to restore multiple Willpower at once by altering the state of the Mind to a different state (i.e. without willpower to with).

Leave a comment:

• Lord Jub-Jub
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

Remember that you can create an healing effect that repeat itself every ritual interval if you set a sufficiently long duration.
    Clear mind could restore a lot of willpower in a few hours
    I should have clarified that the question was actually “Is the base effect of restoring willpower patterning or perfecting” rather than adding in my observations of looking at effects, so that’s on me.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Another, hopefully easier to answer question

I was looking at some improvised spells I could do now that I’m at Mind 3, and me and my group have run into a disagreement on what practice something counts as

I was looking at clear mind as a reference example, and noticed it had the effect of restoring willpower, and I was discussing using it as a way to recharge the willpower batteries. Another player brought up I should be able to cast a spell to just restore willpower itself at Mind 3

I looked into it though, looking at other examples, already knowing that inflicting bashing is usually a disciple effect while you have to wait till 4 to inflict lethal. Then there are spells like knit, which restore bashing and with a reach effect can restore lethal, then at life 4, mend life simply restores the lethal itself

This suggests to me, when taking into account clear mind only restores 1 willpower with a reach effect, that it should actually be a patterning Mind 4 spell to simply restore willpower

However the other player argues that restoring willpower shouldn’t be as hard as healing lethal damage, so it should be able to be cast at Mind 3 as a perfecting effect
    Remember that you can create an healing effect that repeat itself every ritual interval if you set a sufficiently long duration.
    Clear mind could restore a lot of willpower in a few hours

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    However the other player argues that restoring willpower shouldn’t be as hard as healing lethal damage, so it should be able to be cast at Mind 3 as a perfecting effect
    The fact that restoring Willpower normally requires effort to get more than once a day and has a lower lower limit than Health suggests it's probably better placed at Mind 4 to restore it in quantity than at the same level of Arcanum mastery as "heal damage that normally heals four points an hour."

Leave a comment:

• Lord Jub-Jub
    replied
    Another, hopefully easier to answer question

I was looking at some improvised spells I could do now that I’m at Mind 3, and me and my group have run into a disagreement on what practice something counts as

I was looking at clear mind as a reference example, and noticed it had the effect of restoring willpower, and I was discussing using it as a way to recharge the willpower batteries. Another player brought up I should be able to cast a spell to just restore willpower itself at Mind 3

I looked into it though, looking at other examples, already knowing that inflicting bashing is usually a disciple effect while you have to wait till 4 to inflict lethal. Then there are spells like knit, which restore bashing and with a reach effect can restore lethal, then at life 4, mend life simply restores the lethal itself

This suggests to me, when taking into account clear mind only restores 1 willpower with a reach effect, that it should actually be a patterning Mind 4 spell to simply restore willpower

Leave a comment:

• Graylion
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

You are treated as a time traveler having just arrived at the Present, so you would remember alterations.
    That was a very solid and clear answer, well said.

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by Therian View Post
    I'm assuming it's successful. To clarify, if Constant Presence keeps your present state immune to changes in history, will that mean that the past you remember will be one no one else does? For instance if you are at a party and a fight breaks out and people get killed. Another Mage goes back in time and prevents the fight from ever happening. Do things all of the sudden rearrange around you and you have no idea what happened because the past you lived through was different? Or do you remember both versions of the event?
    You are treated as a time traveler having just arrived at the Present, so you would remember alterations.

Leave a comment:

• Therian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

That depends on who wins the CoW.

I'm assuming it's successful. To clarify, if Constant Presence keeps your present state immune to changes in history, will that mean that the past you remember will be one no one else does? For instance if you are at a party and a fight breaks out and people get killed. Another Mage goes back in time and prevents the fight from ever happening. Do things all of the sudden rearrange around you and you have no idea what happened because the past you lived through was different? Or do you remember both versions of the event?
    Last edited by Therian; 09-06-2019, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Originally posted by Therian View Post
    If you have Constant Presence cast on you and someone Shifting Sands back and changes things, would you remember what happened in the new timeline as well the old one?
    That depends on who wins the CoW.

Leave a comment:

• Therian
    replied
    If you have Constant Presence cast on you and someone Shifting Sands back and changes things, would you remember what happened in the new timeline as well the old one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X