Becoming a Supernal Entity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a Supernal Entity

If my mage wants to become a supernal entity there are a variety of paths to do so as I understand (depending on interpretation). If my Mastigos or my Thyrsus reaches that point are they still a human by all means? For someone who is in the 'Scion of God' Legacy they become a spirit upon death. Can a Mastigos do something similar and become a demon in pandemonium? Or is that just a legacy specific idea? Does becoming an astral being equate to becoming supernal like a Morphean? Is becoming a supernal entity the end result of the golden road or is an archmage still human?

I know these are weird big endgame ideas and answers will probably be odd, but any answers would be appriciated.

Thanks!

Becoming a Supernal Entity is what happens when you Ascend, basically, depending on your point of view.

Comment

Prefacing that this is how I remember it off the top of my head:

The Golden Road is one particular means (the most reliable known means) of becoming a supernal god, and for archmasters it is a work in progress: the Golden Road is not complete until they Ascend. An archmaster is human until they complete their great work of imperium, at which point they become a living symbol or idea, like other supernal gods. (Contrast with astral goetia, who are living thought-forms. Can an concept exist without anyone to conceptualize it?)

There's more to Ascension than there is to transforming your human form into that of a spirit or ghost lich.
      Last edited by Stupid Loserman; 10-05-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

There's also the "Feast of Stones" from Keys to the Supernal Tarot (assuming your ST decides the version of it that worked is the canon one), but that one especially requires being something of a complete monster.

Comment

Ascension does also not require you to be an Archmaster. Regular Mages Ascend far more often than Archmasters do (if only by dint of there being far, far more regular Mages than there are Archmasters; it is still a vanishingly rare thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
            Ascension does also not require you to be an Archmaster. Regular Mages Ascend far more often than Archmasters do (if only by dint of there being far, far more regular Mages than there are Archmasters; it is still a vanishingly rare thing).
            Source? Imperial Mysteries states that the Golden Road Path is the only non-legendary path to Ascension and that those allowing non-archmasters to ascend are especially dubious, so if anything regular mages ascensions are extremely rare if they are even real.

Comment

Originally posted by Suleri Drals View Post
              Source? Imperial Mysteries states that the Golden Road Path is the only non-legendary path to Ascension and that those allowing non-archmasters to ascend are especially dubious
              It says that archmages are predisposed to skepticism regarding Traveler Ascension, and that predisposition is easy to explain considering what you have to do to become an archmage. Second Edition's section on Ascension makes it pretty clear that anyone can Ascend — neither of its example characters are archmages.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

What Satchel said.

Comment

Working...
                X