Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicler's Guide and other 1ed books

Greetings,

Since the advent of the second edition, moast of the crunch (and some of the fluff) of the setting has been reworked, are there any plans to make second-edition-compliant versions of old books? Or a guide to update them?

Specifically, I am looking for the ideas in the Chronicler's Guide ( I just love the concept of Soul Mods, getting a legacy attainment for practical reasons and getting drawbacks for doing so!) and how to update them to second edition.

There's not really any plans to directly update anything from first edition outside the core, no. There's still a lot of unexplored territory in Mage and most of the fluff from 1e is still fine, so, given the limited number of people, time, and money, the investment's going into new stuff.

As far as updating goes, try it out for yourself and see.

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
      Greetings,

Since the advent of the second edition, moast of the crunch (and some of the fluff) of the setting has been reworked, are there any plans to make second-edition-compliant versions of old books? Or a guide to update them?

Specifically, I am looking for the ideas in the Chronicler's Guide ( I just love the concept of Soul Mods, getting a legacy attainment for practical reasons and getting drawbacks for doing so!) and how to update them to second edition.

Honestly, waiting x years for a rehash of stuff already in print is not what i want OPP peeps to spend time and money on. I'd rather they focus on other stuff. Maybe a sidebar here and there pointing out a difference but whole new books? Nah,

tldr, what Axelgear said

Comment

As far as I know the next two books to come out that have been announced are Signs of Sorcery, then Tome of the Pentacle. I wouldn't be surprised if there was going to be a Player's Guide on the horizon, but I wouldn't expect it to show up anytime soon.

You might look at the outline for Signs of Sorcery, as while it's not like the old Chronicler's Guide it would tell you a lot of things to do as a Chronicler and how to do them.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          As far as I know the next two books to come out that have been announced are Signs of Sorcery, then Tome of the Pentacle. I wouldn't be surprised if there was going to be a Player's Guide on the horizon, but I wouldn't expect it to show up anytime soon.

You might look at the outline for Signs of Sorcery, as while it's not like the old Chronicler's Guide it would tell you a lot of things to do as a Chronicler and how to do them.

The third book was also mentioned, The Fallen World(s) or sommat, about mages and the other realms?

Comment

Originally posted by totalgit View Post
            The third book was also mentioned, The Fallen World(s) or sommat, about mages and the other realms?
            That's right.

They're all mentioned here.

Comment

Working...
            X