Spells for Magically Storing Items?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spells for Magically Storing Items?

Hello, I am a newly awakened Moros Mysterium mage looking for a way to store items magically. For example, I want to put a sword through a small dimension/void and later when I need it, I can pull it out of thin air again. The closest thing I can find is Touch of the Grave (Death 2, page 130,) but it never mentions putting or storing anything through it. My best friend pointed out another one - a Space 5 one called Pocket Dimension, but it's apparently for places and far too large. So what can I do? Thanks
    Last edited by OvercastGhost; 11-17-2017, 07:33 PM.

Space can also be used to enlarge the space inside a container such as a pocket.

Depending on the item you can also use Shrink/Grow to get a close approximation, though that won’t change the object’s weight.

If you can get the ghost of a bag and its anchor you can transfer things to Twilight, put it in the bag, and drag the bag around via its anchor. Then you can just grab stuff out of the bag with Touch of the Grave.

Comment

Space is definitely the best bet since you can enlarge spaces with it.

Mrmdubois: That comes with the assumption that ghost objects have Anchors in the first place. I don't think that's the case, but I can't find anything explicit to back that up right now.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

So, is the spell "Secret Room" (Space 4-dot) what the OP is looking for? Can there be a weaker spell for a smaller volume?

Comment

Does it need to be a pocket dimension? With Matter 3 you could shrink the sword, turn it into a ring, keep it on your person in an inconspicuous way.

2E Legacy Updates
          Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
          Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
          Storm Keepers

Comment

Remember Matter 2 can be used to make an object undetectable, which while not exactly what the OP is asking for, achieves a lot of the same goals. As for placing an object in twilight, I would think using a Ghost Gate via Death 3 would do the trick. But broken objects do appear in ghostly twilight naturally sometimes, so talk to your GM and perhaps suggest that an object could be ritualistically broken (perhaps an Int+Occult) check in way that insures this happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              Mrmdubois: That comes with the assumption that ghost objects have Anchors in the first place. I don't think that's the case, but I can't find anything explicit to back that up right now.
              Take the anchor of a ghost then and employ it as your porter and/or familiar.

Comment

Yeah. A Rank 1 Ghost Familiar porter sounds pretty cool. Only 2 merit dots.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
                  Yeah. A Rank 1 Ghost Familiar porter sounds pretty cool. Only 2 merit dots.
                  Give them an Imbued Item with Ghost Gate and name them Jeeves.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

You could do something with just space three Co-locate.You keep all your stuff in a special room you set up. Leave something with a strong sympathetic connection to you in the room and then when you want something just overlap the areas and grab it. It will look like you pulled them out of thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by Margul View Post
                      You could do something with just space three Co-locate.You keep all your stuff in a special room you set up. Leave something with a strong sympathetic connection to you in the room and then when you want something just overlap the areas and grab it. It will look like you pulled them out of thin air.
                      just as you're at it, you could leave your Soulstone
                      1) it'd make a nice Demesne
                      2) all that shiny metal (I expect it to become a majestic armory) could make an awesome stygian\matter aligned yantra
                      3) perfect sympatetic connection
                      4) strong security since your soulstone would trigger your peripheric mage sight
                      5) oh, the danger of this

The Repository

Comment

Working...
                      X