No announcement yet.

[Mage: the Awakening 2nd Edition Actual Play] Boston Lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay, but here's the latest session! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R7...ExF_jAlIuJ1NU6

A quick and dirty introduction to the Council - really tense stuff, tons of fun to play. It's a toss-up between Sunjata and Numa, for my favorite councilor. Who was yours? And that summoning, dope. swagdog needs to quit hogging all the good scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by TrafficHazard View Post
      Sorry for the delay, but here's the latest session! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R7...ExF_jAlIuJ1NU6

A quick and dirty introduction to the Council - really tense stuff, tons of fun to play. It's a toss-up between Sunjata and Numa, for my favorite councilor. Who was yours? And that summoning, dope. swagdog needs to quit hogging all the good scenes.
      I'd go with Numa or Sunjata as favorites of the Councillors. The summoning was great and I guess there's a reason their username is "swagdog" =p I like how impulsive Lupin is xD

Comment

Originally posted by Emerick View Post
        I hope House is okay D: ! He's probably okay, the House always wins after all !
        "Probably okay" is just about as good as a mage can ask for, given these specific circumstances, huh? I guess "okay" is a relative quantity, too. He survived! That'll have to be good enough. Have you noticed everyone telling him how lucky he is, lately?

Originally posted by Bethris View Post

I'd go with Numa or Sunjata as favorites of the Councillors. The summoning was great and I guess there's a reason their username is "swagdog" =p I like how impulsive Lupin is xD
        I like how impulsive Lupin is, too. For me, the interaction between Lupin and Lucius was the highlight of this subchapter. It really cemented how out of hand things had gotten inside of a week. Lupin is at once impulsive and hyperfocused, which to me says a lot about how well TrafficHazard plays a younger Mastigos dealing with a hell of a lot of pressure and moving parts. It's hard for him to deal with someone like Lucius, who has a lot of his pride at stake when it comes to how the Lamplighter's deal with the Company, but his personal stakes are a lot lower...and yet makes executive decisions swiftly anyway. Anyone would be frustrated, I imagine, in Lupin's position.

Comment

Originally posted by swagdog View Post
          Anyone would be frustrated, I imagine, in Lupin's position.
          It's been a rough week for Lupin. He's been psychically tortured, he sees his Sleeper friend after months of no contact, who then gets kidnapped, which Lupin blames himself for, then he accidentally gets his ex involved in things, his mentor mind controls him and tells him to solve a century-old Mystery for his initiation, then House almost gets murdered, and now Seers are sniffing around... again, threatening to ruin somebody's Awakening.

(Recruited by Seers = ruined Awakening, to Lupin's eyes.)

So yeah, the guy is at the end of his rope. And Lucius was there, just acting so very punchable.

Comment

Update (and something else) SOON

Comment

Sorry for the wait, but we've got a pretty beefy update for you this time. It's the climax of Becoming Foolish, and the mystery around the Stone Assembly deepens. We'll also have something else for you, SOON.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a0...du7lXDAlYuAAdW

Comment

Oh wow...so the Seer is...probably the jerk that was with Vision before. Huh.

In any case, please keep up the good work! This is really good stuff!

Comment

Hello, everyone. I have some bad news. Due to sudden IRL complications with the majority of our group, our uploads will most likely be scarce in the immediate future. We'll upload when we've got something to upload, which is the best I can promise you. We aren't quitting the project (we're having too much fun to do that), we're just asking you to bear with us until we can get things back on track.

Thanks again, for all your support!

Comment

Hey everyone, even worse news.
                    While we've made some progress since the last update, our sessions have been brought to a complete stop by the disappearance of TrafficHazard.

We're dedicated to keeping the game going but Traffic was the beating heart of the group and his absence is a crippling blow. Especially given the guy is a fantastic friend.

We'll update when we can, even if it means relegating Lupin to (beloved) NPC status. We just hope that Traffic is okay, and makes contact with us soon.

Comment

Disappeared from the Internet, or disappeared - period? Either way, I hope everything is alright and you get to hear from each other.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

So has anyone heard from traffic?

Comment

Unfortunately not.

We have been venturing forth regardless, and we've had some juicy sessions which we just haven't had the opportunity to convert to a PDF format and post here.

Actually probably about 2 whole updates worth. We'll post them when we're able.
                          2-player games are interesting, and almost always fall into the Buddy Cop dynamic. Which is fantastic.

Comment

Patience, is a virtue.
                            And whoever's reading this, has been exceedingly virtuous.
                            I think 7 months of waiting deserves a bit of content, don't you?

I present to you, the first instalment in the backlog of Boston Lights as I desperately try to catch up with the current sessions, Chapters 2.5 and 3.1
                            https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CR...1E01vvv5BeASrv

This is the end of Becoming Foolish, and marks the beginning of the next Chapter in the Arc of Fallen Stones: "Forgotten Lies"

There is much more to come as I have another 34,000 words of Discord logs to edit into AP-form (about 3 times the length of THIS update), and we're making more all the time.
                            Forgive any problems with the editing, it was Traffic who did the previous lot.

Comment

Well, I guess I churned out this update rather quickly.

Here it is, Boston Lights all the way up to our last kind-of session that ended yesterday.
                              I hope you enjoy it, things have been getting really real for the Cabal, as they dig deeper and deeper into (my verison of) Boston's past.

Rather than post several PDF documents of the various chapters, I thought I'd just post the complete AP document, with all recent Chapters included.

If you haven't read 2.5 or 3.1 posted above, then this update totals about 50,000 words, which is roughly an additional 50% of the AP until our hiatus, and contains some really juicy bits.
                              What's your favorite bit?

Bon App├Ętit
                              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XH...EJJ2-iqUIyyQeP

Comment

This story is excellent! You guys really have grabbed the feeling of Mage here. So, I'm guessing TrafficHazard still hasn't come back, in which case my question is are you all continuing to play without him? And if so, do you have plans for someone else to take over his character? If you don't have plans for someone to take over his character, do you have plans to bring in anyone else? I'm not asking so that I can join, that would be awkward and likely wouldn't work anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X