[Mage: the Awakening 2nd Edition Actual Play] Boston Lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mage: the Awakening 2nd Edition Actual Play] Boston Lights

Hello, everyone! I come bearing content, in the form of a Mage: the Awakening 2nd Edition Actual Play. We're using Boston Unveiled, modified heavily, and set in the modern day. The game is played via Discord chat with a dicebot, and the goal is to update at once a week, or roughly in that area. The information is in the PDF. And it's going to be just me sharing links to PDFs with you, because the advanced editor on here gives me conniptions.

Anyway, please enjoy the first session of our campaign, Boston Lights. Critique, comment, inquire, bully, validate all the time I spent editing, transcribing, organizing, and proofreading this. This link will take you to the full version of the AP, with the latest session included. Feel free to point out any errors or eyesores.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CB...sg_oN9gHdFdosz
    Last edited by TrafficHazard; 01-20-2018, 01:29 PM.

• swagdog
    replied
    We dearly miss TH and really do wonder what's going on with him. We hope he's ok. I don't know that it would feel right to replace Lupin's player but I have mentioned on multiple occasions it would be great to bring someone new in. But as Herbert says, there have been time crunches for us all, and none of us are really sure who to approach! At this point we are deeply committed, though, so we've been moving forward as best we can. Herbert is a trooper and CoolStory is a fine gent too. Hit me up if you think you know someone who might be a good fit. It would be good to start talking.

Leave a comment:

• HerbertIsBestBert
    replied
    Traffic is still sadly gone, and we've largely resigned ourselves to the fact that he's likely not coming back.

Lupin will still be around (as an NPC), but we've currently got him stuck in Legacy initiation limbo until we can figure out what to do with him.
    It's a pity too, because I had great little plots for his pal Caleb and his wish being granted, and for the Cairn Club Anomaly, which don't work well without him.

We had considered looking for a replacement player, but have been a bit busy, and haven't had the time to vet someone for an ongoing game like this one.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon777
    replied
    This story is excellent! You guys really have grabbed the feeling of Mage here. So, I'm guessing TrafficHazard still hasn't come back, in which case my question is are you all continuing to play without him? And if so, do you have plans for someone else to take over his character? If you don't have plans for someone to take over his character, do you have plans to bring in anyone else? I'm not asking so that I can join, that would be awkward and likely wouldn't work anyways.

Leave a comment:

• HerbertIsBestBert
    replied
    Well, I guess I churned out this update rather quickly.

Here it is, Boston Lights all the way up to our last kind-of session that ended yesterday.
    I hope you enjoy it, things have been getting really real for the Cabal, as they dig deeper and deeper into (my verison of) Boston's past.

Rather than post several PDF documents of the various chapters, I thought I'd just post the complete AP document, with all recent Chapters included.

If you haven't read 2.5 or 3.1 posted above, then this update totals about 50,000 words, which is roughly an additional 50% of the AP until our hiatus, and contains some really juicy bits.
    What's your favorite bit?

Bon App├Ętit
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XH...EJJ2-iqUIyyQeP

Leave a comment:

• HerbertIsBestBert
    replied
    Patience, is a virtue.
    And whoever's reading this, has been exceedingly virtuous.
    I think 7 months of waiting deserves a bit of content, don't you?

I present to you, the first instalment in the backlog of Boston Lights as I desperately try to catch up with the current sessions, Chapters 2.5 and 3.1
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CR...1E01vvv5BeASrv

This is the end of Becoming Foolish, and marks the beginning of the next Chapter in the Arc of Fallen Stones: "Forgotten Lies"

There is much more to come as I have another 34,000 words of Discord logs to edit into AP-form (about 3 times the length of THIS update), and we're making more all the time.
    Forgive any problems with the editing, it was Traffic who did the previous lot.

Leave a comment:

• HerbertIsBestBert
    replied
    Unfortunately not.

We have been venturing forth regardless, and we've had some juicy sessions which we just haven't had the opportunity to convert to a PDF format and post here.

Actually probably about 2 whole updates worth. We'll post them when we're able.
    2-player games are interesting, and almost always fall into the Buddy Cop dynamic. Which is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Madman777
    replied
    So has anyone heard from traffic?

Leave a comment:

• Teatime
    replied
    Disappeared from the Internet, or disappeared - period? Either way, I hope everything is alright and you get to hear from each other.

Leave a comment:

• HerbertIsBestBert
    replied
    Hey everyone, even worse news.
    While we've made some progress since the last update, our sessions have been brought to a complete stop by the disappearance of TrafficHazard.

We're dedicated to keeping the game going but Traffic was the beating heart of the group and his absence is a crippling blow. Especially given the guy is a fantastic friend.

We'll update when we can, even if it means relegating Lupin to (beloved) NPC status. We just hope that Traffic is okay, and makes contact with us soon.

Leave a comment:

• TrafficHazard
    replied
    Hello, everyone. I have some bad news. Due to sudden IRL complications with the majority of our group, our uploads will most likely be scarce in the immediate future. We'll upload when we've got something to upload, which is the best I can promise you. We aren't quitting the project (we're having too much fun to do that), we're just asking you to bear with us until we can get things back on track.

Thanks again, for all your support!

Leave a comment:

• Falcon777
    replied
    Oh wow...so the Seer is...probably the jerk that was with Vision before. Huh.

In any case, please keep up the good work! This is really good stuff!

Leave a comment:

• TrafficHazard
    replied
    Sorry for the wait, but we've got a pretty beefy update for you this time. It's the climax of Becoming Foolish, and the mystery around the Stone Assembly deepens. We'll also have something else for you, SOON.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a0...du7lXDAlYuAAdW

Leave a comment:

• TrafficHazard
    replied
    Update (and something else) SOON

Leave a comment:

• TrafficHazard
    replied
    Originally posted by swagdog View Post
    Anyone would be frustrated, I imagine, in Lupin's position.
    It's been a rough week for Lupin. He's been psychically tortured, he sees his Sleeper friend after months of no contact, who then gets kidnapped, which Lupin blames himself for, then he accidentally gets his ex involved in things, his mentor mind controls him and tells him to solve a century-old Mystery for his initiation, then House almost gets murdered, and now Seers are sniffing around... again, threatening to ruin somebody's Awakening.

(Recruited by Seers = ruined Awakening, to Lupin's eyes.)

So yeah, the guy is at the end of his rope. And Lucius was there, just acting so very punchable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X