Mage 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage 2018

A new year is upon us, and hopefully it will be one full of new Mage books, from Dark Eras to the three announced sourcebooks. What are y'all looking forward to the most?

I'm most looking forward to the new Signs of Sorcery rules on multi-arcana spells and Yantras 2.0. I'm curious how Mudras are going to be used for improvised spells.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
    Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
    Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

I don't remember there being any mention of Mudras being used in creative thaumaturgy. Source?

What I hope for though is clarification on Imbued Items and Artifacts on how exactly they function and are crafted. It's pretty much the only part of the game that I just do no get.
    Last edited by Mrmdubois; 01-03-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I hope we see DE2 this year, but as part of expectation management, I'm not holding my breath (I would be extremely happy to be wrong though!).

Right now I'm just itching for Signs of Sorcery. The Fallen World book is right now my alley though, so hopefully we hear something on it soon.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I agree with Mrmdubois on the Imbued Items and Artifacts, a sample would be extremely helpful even if it was just an existing one. The Sariras only confused me even more since it seems that the creation did not follow the artifact creation rules detailed in Mage 2E Core so that threw me for a loop. However, I also would like to have more examples of multi-arcana spells, better mage sight descriptions, and more clarification on supernal entities since Signs of Sorcery is suppose to touch more on those and make them easily converted to 2E.

As for Octavo's comment, it has been quoted here for your convenience:
        Want to use a Mudra without knowing a rote, risk calling on the Exarchs as a Pentacle mage, attempt to dedicate more than one tool, or get advice on how to Storytell massive rituals? Stew has you covered.

"Teamwork makes the dream work!"

Comment

Hmm, I overlooked that. I imagine it’s the intermediary step in encoding a Rote, so probably it will have some benefit/drawback attributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            I hope we see DE2 this year, but as part of expectation management, I'm not holding my breath (I would be extremely happy to be wrong though!).
            ...yeah I'll be very surprised if DE2 comes out this year.

Considering that the book hasn't even entered first drafts yet, and the BTS rumblings we have heard seem to suggest that Matthew, Monica, and Meghan seem to be putting a lot intensive work into "pre-production" phase, it's going to take awhile.

Me personally, Tome of the Pentacle is what holds my particular interest for giving any updates on the Pentacle. And yeah, hopefully with the restructuring we can finally get some movement on Signs of Sorcery.

Comment

Personally think we wont see anything for mage in 2018. Sad.

Comment

I´m really excited about Signs of Sorcery. It´s a pity we are only getting 120 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by totalgit View Post
                  Personally think we wont see anything for mage in 2018. Sad.
                  I'm sure at least Signs of Sorcery will be out this year, and if it's anywhere as tightly scripted as the Mage 2E core, it'll provide plenty of great stuff in those 120 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorNiemand View Post
                    I´m really excited about Signs of Sorcery. It´s a pity we are only getting 120 pages.
                    120 pages? Where'd you hear that?
                    Not to say that 120 pages is bad. It is less than half the size of the core rule book, which seems appropriate.

Comment

It is mentioned in the projects page.

"Teamwork makes the dream work!"

Comment

From Tome of the Pentacle, I'm looking forward to seeing the Free Council portrayed as a Sect with its own factions and divisions based on the new assemblies and the ancient Nameless Orders..
                        From The Fallen Worlds book, I am greatly anticipating the Thyrsus view of the Shadow with its Celestial Spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
                          I don't remember there being any mention of Mudras being used in creative thaumaturgy. Source?
                          Just cause this bugs me and I don't what to leave confusion out there.

Improvised Casting =/= Creative Thaumaturgy

One is casting any spell not as a Rote or Praxis. The other is making a spell that is not in a printed book.

Backer #2010

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post

Just cause this bugs me and I don't what to leave confusion out there.

Improvised Casting =/= Creative Thaumaturgy

One is casting any spell not as a Rote or Praxis. The other is making a spell that is not in a printed book.
                            What is supposed to be new about using mudras for improvised casting and/or creative thaum?

Comment

Originally posted by totalgit View Post
                              What is supposed to be new about using mudras for improvised casting and/or creative thaum?
                              In the core book it says Mudras are only usable with rotes.

P327, but it's also the only time Mudras are described, with rotes. It's why the idea of 'Want to use a Mudra without knowing a rote?' is noteworthy.
                              Last edited by nofather; 01-03-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X