Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mage 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Falcon777 View Post

    120 pages? Where'd you hear that?
    Not to say that 120 pages is bad. It is less than half the size of the core rule book, which seems appropriate.

    Here: http://theonyxpath.com/schedule/
    By the way, is it me or the book´s focus has changed between Dave B´s post (http://theonyxpath.com/signs-of-sorc...n-development/) and the time of the schedule above? I see no mention of a chapter on Awakenings in the schedule (which makes sense if the new focus is on "the physical, tangible expressions of magic").

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DoktorNiemand View Post


      Here: http://theonyxpath.com/schedule/
      By the way, is it me or the book´s focus has changed between Dave B´s post (http://theonyxpath.com/signs-of-sorc...n-development/) and the time of the schedule above? I see no mention of a chapter on Awakenings in the schedule (which makes sense if the new focus is on "the physical, tangible expressions of magic").
      I sincerely hope not. Chapter six (and one, at least for me) is VERY highly anticipated. I'm more interested in those chapters than any others.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Falcon777 View Post

        I sincerely hope not. Chapter six (and one, at least for me) is VERY highly anticipated. I'm more interested in those chapters than any others.

        Same here. An Awakening is a once in a lifetime event, so it´s a nice opportunity for running wild with it and bending the rules a bit. I mean, if some mages come back bearing Artifacts, think of all the possibilities. I could see one person dying and Awakening right after their death, only to come back to the Fallen World in a body that´s not his own. Or maybe someone making deals with Arcadian Faeries and getting a whole new past. Obrimos wrestling down and Angel, anyone?
        This all could tie nicely with some themes from Chapter One.

        Comment


        • #19
          I think that's a weird artifact of the chapter about Awakenings not being in the very first outline / GenCon brochure blurb. Highly unusually for a CofD book, I was told during outlining that Signs should be longer than I was assuming, and we added Chapter Six.


          Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DoktorNiemand View Post
            I could see one person dying and Awakening right after their death, only to come back to the Fallen World in a body that´s not his own.
            This all could tie nicely with some themes from Chapter One.
            I played around with this a bit once. I had someone Awakening as they bled out after a suicide attempt, and came back alive and in their own body - but with a ghost of themselves bound to them as a Familiar. It was pretty interesting as the Ghost didn't have the ability to grow and change like the Mage ended up doing, and was always a reminder of what they'd moved through to get there.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
              I played around with this a bit once. I had someone Awakening as they bled out after a suicide attempt, and came back alive and in their own body - but with a ghost of themselves bound to them as a Familiar. It was pretty interesting as the Ghost didn't have the ability to grow and change like the Mage ended up doing, and was always a reminder of what they'd moved through to get there.
              That is a radical character concept!


              CofD booklists:
              Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                I think that's a weird artifact of the chapter about Awakenings not being in the very first outline / GenCon brochure blurb. Highly unusually for a CofD book, I was told during outlining that Signs should be longer than I was assuming, and we added Chapter Six.
                That is unusual! It sounds like a worthy addition.


                Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
                Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

                Comment

                Working...
                X