Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the fact that it was a spoiler for Aedes that suddenly made you wyrdhamster suddenly think you had a perfect hook for your next chronicle should be taken as a red flag. This is a pretty consistent pattern with you. The next new shiny thing you see always ends up being "perfect" for your next chronicle, but also always ends up having inherent problems that you can't work your way around to create an actual chronicle. Then you end up creating a bunch of threads asking the rest of us how to resolve your problems, which are artificially put in place by -you.- When we try to helpfully tell you that you're coming at it from the wrong perspective, or how to approach your own idea better you end up telling the rest of us that we're in the wrong. It's a frustrating pattern of behavior on your part.

On the positive side, you being consistently in the wrong and stubborn about it has made me consider the game from a really amazing number of angles which hardly ever vindicate your stance but does give me a deeper level of appreciation for the game as is. So, thanks for that I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
      I think the fact that it was a spoiler for Aedes that suddenly made you wyrdhamster suddenly think you had a perfect hook for your next chronicle should be taken as a red flag. This is a pretty consistent pattern with you. The next new shiny thing you see always ends up being "perfect" for your next chronicle, but also always ends up having inherent problems that you can't work your way around to create an actual chronicle. Then you end up creating a bunch of threads asking the rest of us how to resolve your problems, which are artificially put in place by -you.- When we try to helpfully tell you that you're coming at it from the wrong perspective, or how to approach your own idea better you end up telling the rest of us that we're in the wrong. It's a frustrating pattern of behavior on your part.

On the positive side, you being consistently in the wrong and stubborn about it has made me consider the game from a really amazing number of angles which hardly ever vindicate your stance but does give me a deeper level of appreciation for the game as is. So, thanks for that I guess.
      I used to be there with you on the positive, but I'm running out of appreciation for the way that these conversations force me into greater mastery, being perfectly honest.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
        I used to be there with you on the positive, but I'm running out of appreciation for the way that these conversations force me into greater mastery, being perfectly honest.
        Makes me wonder if we should adopt RPG.net's + and - threads.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
        Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
        Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Originally posted by Octavo View Post

Makes me wonder if we should adopt RPG.net's + and - threads.
          Reddit standard?

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

Reddit standard?
            Not quite the same thing. +/- on Reddit means upvoting / downvoting. On RPG.net, minus threads mean that the thread is critical, while plus threads mean that the post is intended to be constructive and overall positive.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
            Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
            Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Originally posted by Octavo View Post

Not quite the same thing. +/- on Reddit means upvoting / downvoting. On RPG.net, minus threads mean that the thread is critical, while plus threads mean that the post is intended to be constructive and overall positive.

That's not really a substantive discussion, it's an echo chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by branford View Post

That's not really a substantive discussion, it's an echo chamber.
                If you mean Reddit well..yeah. If you mean rpg.net, not really. It got started because certain bad actors kept ruining threads.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

I thought it was about starting new threads, like you couldn't make so many new ones in a day without posting in already existing ones.

Maybe it would help if the simple question threads were stickied or something.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post

If you mean Reddit well..yeah. If you mean rpg.net, not really. It got started because certain bad actors kept ruining threads.

Reading some threads on rpg.net often reveal "bad actor" is often defined as little more than someone who does not agree with the majority, without requiring anything really "bad" by the understanding of most people. There's a lot of group-think on rpg.net, and it's sometimes eerie.

Comment

Originally posted by branford View Post

Reading some threads on rpg.net often reveal "bad actor" is often defined as little more than someone who does not agree with the majority, without requiring anything really "bad" by the understanding of most people. There's a lot of group-think on rpg.net, and it's sometimes eerie.
                      *Shrugs* I will leave that speculation to others. But in the case of Onyx path related games there were specific issues related to material and bad actors that is well documented. And as at least one of those actors are banned both here and elsewhere so I am not going to say more on the matter. Also this is not the place to air your grievances about other forums.
                      Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 03-20-2018, 07:51 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Maybe this entire discussion has wandered into territory that it shouldn't? It is starting to feel like some of theses responses are dangerously close to becoming passive-agressive attacks on Wyrd.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

This thread seems to have run its course, locking it down.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                          Posts in this color are moderator posts
                          Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                          Forum Terms of Use
                          the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
                          X