Reapers In Crossover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapers In Crossover

Hello All. I remembered there will a Deviant/Mage Crossover this year. Which made me think,what does that mean for reapers, the mages who steal souls? Here's what the creator of Deviant DaveB had to say about their souls
    Prometheans have the raw materials of one, but not the finished article, Remade had one but it got broken.
    Soul,what would happen on a Tremere or Nagaraja or any other reaper tried steal a deviant's broken soul,Or the raw materials that Inhabit a Promethean core?
    do you guys have any ideas?
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 04-10-2018, 12:28 AM.

For Deviants, the Deviant would probably go into rapid Blow Out, and the soul would fall apart. Not very productive.

For Prometheans, the Reaper would probably get metaphysically burned by the raw Divine Fire. ...Though if they tried to integrate it immediately, and died from the resulting Firestorm, that might make a decent justification for a Mage/Promethean hybrid...

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
      For Deviants, the Deviant would probably go into rapid Blow Out, and the soul would fall apart. Not very productive.

For Prometheans, the Reaper would probably get metaphysically burned by the raw Divine Fire. ...Though if they tried to integrate it immediately, and died from the resulting Firestorm, that might make a decent justification for a Mage/Promethean hybrid...
      Oooh,i never thought of sucha a hybrid

Comment

And then got embraced! And was a wolf-blooded before awakening? (I jest. About the second sentence.)

Would it be possible to power Supernal spells with a soul-furnace raging with Divine Fire? Or would the resulting will-working be more of an... approximation?

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
          And then got embraced! And was a wolf-blooded before awakening? (I jest. About the second sentence.)

Would it be possible to power Supernal spells with a soul-furnace raging with Divine Fire? Or would the resulting will-working be more of an... approximation?
          It wouldn’t be the same because they work on different principles, but it might succeed at being an approximation.

Comment

Perhaps that soul furnace could be a yantra?

Comment

In my chronicle, Azoth is not really a soul and cannot be reaped without potentially destroying the Created and risking a Firestorm. Vitriol, on the other hand, is very useful for the Awakened, though it has its drawbacks. Essentially, it works like a universal solvent and catalyst.
              First, vitriol is an excellent Sacrament Yantra for any sort of transmutation spell, especially of the Life, Forces and Matter Arcana. It can provide a +2 or +3 bonus, depending on the amount used and the organ being harvested.
              Second, it can be used in the same way a mortal alchemist can, for the creation of alchemical potions made with vitriol. This is not common, since the Awakened must consciously refrain from accessing his own Gnosis and use instead his growing Magnitude trait, which is seen as misguided as best, and dangerously harmful at worst.
              Third, it is a hell of a mystery, and many arcane xp can be gained from its study.
              Lastly, pyros in any form is sickening for mortals, not unlike radioactive poisoning. Pyros poisoning can produce physical, mental or supernatural conditions, often in the form of mutations, fixations or weird paranormal effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooroos View Post
                In my chronicle, Azoth is not really a soul and cannot be reaped without potentially destroying the Created and risking a Firestorm. Vitriol, on the other hand, is very useful for the Awakened, though it has its drawbacks. Essentially, it works like a universal solvent and catalyst.
                First, vitriol is an excellent Sacrament Yantra for any sort of transmutation spell, especially of the Life, Forces and Matter Arcana. It can provide a +2 or +3 bonus, depending on the amount used and the organ being harvested.
                Second, it can be used in the same way a mortal alchemist can, for the creation of alchemical potions made with vitriol. This is not common, since the Awakened must consciously refrain from accessing his own Gnosis and use instead his growing Magnitude trait, which is seen as misguided as best, and dangerously harmful at worst.
                Third, it is a hell of a mystery, and many arcane xp can be gained from its study.
                Lastly, pyros in any form is sickening for mortals, not unlike radioactive poisoning. Pyros poisoning can produce physical, mental or supernatural conditions, often in the form of mutations, fixations or weird paranormal effects.
                That's a really good Crossover mechanic

Comment

Hmm. Magnitude is rated 1-5, right? Sounds like it might make an interesting Attainment structure for a Legacy.

I wonder if they might be able to use Pyros to "charge" their spells, risking the various Pyros-induced effects you cite as additional Paradox Conditions.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Hmm. Magnitude is rated 1-5, right? Sounds like it might make an interesting Attainment structure for a Legacy.

I wonder if they might be able to use Pyros to "charge" their spells, risking the various Pyros-induced effects you cite as additional Paradox Conditions.
                    I'm personally hesitant of mingling the two set of powers too closely together, for fear of demeaning the role of either; after all, if a mage want his/her spells empowered, there's the ever-present temptation of the Abyss.
                    Last edited by Zooroos; 04-10-2018, 01:36 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

I'm personally hesitant of mingling the two set of powers too closely together, for fear of demeaning the role of either; after all, if a mage want his/her spells empowered, there's the ever-present temptation of the Abyss.
                      Which makes me think. Could an alchemist find a way to use the Abyss in their concontions?

Comment

Now I've a pictured a new abyssal intruder: the False Philosopher's Stone. The alchemical formula for creating one is actually the summoning ritual. The stone produced really is powerful, but all the transmutations powered by the stone are flawed in some way. In most cases, the flaw is subtle, if unnatural; in some cases is more radical, like transforming the alchemist into an homunculus, creating gold that inspires supernatural greed, or allowing the creation of chimerical beasts that hunger for both pyros and mana.

Comment

Yet, it's the temptation of the Abyss--and at least a surface understanding of the consequences of it, which would drive a mage to seek other sources to empower spells.

Now, the consequences of charging spells with Pyros sound like they would be in some ways... similar... to using the Abyss, but flavored differently. In the end, you mangle reality a tad as a side-effect: the mage, the target, any lingering "radioactive" effects to the area. Unusual soul scarring. Etc.

Also: this thread is full of win, just for the ideas casually brought up. Well done.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Yet, it's the temptation of the Abyss--and at least a surface understanding of the consequences of it, which would drive a mage to seek other sources to empower spells.

Now, the consequences of charging spells with Pyros sound like they would be in some ways... similar... to using the Abyss, but flavored differently. In the end, you mangle reality a tad as a side-effect: the mage, the target, any lingering "radioactive" effects to the area. Unusual soul scarring. Etc.

Also: this thread is full of win, just for the ideas casually brought up. Well done.

--Khanwulf
                            yaaaaaaaaaay

Comment

Saw this thread and totally thought it was about GtS Reapers ^.^

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Working...
                              X