No announcement yet.

A custom Obrimos legacy - Children of the Hearth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edited the 5th attainment based on a Discord suggestion. Now based on Hone the Perfected Form instead of Nigredo and Albedo. Finally feels like a worthwhile capstone for the legacy, rather than just 'meh.'

Comment

Clash of Wills does not get automatic successes from being a Legacy attainment; it does get bonus dice based on its duration, though.

Otherwise I really like this legacy. The additional reach options are well justified, and the entire Legacy gives off a "homey" feeling appropriate to the theme, while also providing useful benefits.
      Last edited by proindrakenzol; 08-01-2018, 03:41 PM.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
        Clash of Wills does not get automatic successes from being a Legacy attainment; it does get bonus dice based on its duration, though.

Otherwise I really like this legacy. The additional reach options are well justified, and the entire Legacy gives off a "homey" feeling appropriate to the theme, while also providing useful benefits.
        Ah, looks like you're right - fixed in both versions for all the attainments. I was confused by the part about automatic activation in the Legacy rules.

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys and gals. Rhea initiated into (founded) the House of Fire and stone last session during a supernal summoning. Was a great session, looking forward to using all these cool powers.

At least the first two of them, that is, because she's only Gnosis 3 right now. Be a while yet until she gets to Guard against Shadows.

Comment

This is really cool. My only thoughts were back when it was inspired by Hestia. I was thinking it would be a cool story for the goddess Hestia herself to pass this Legacy on to the character, something that was once lost but now found by Rhea. Maybe it's a Supernal being once known as Hestia or something. Something like that would be a cool, mythic story to tell that blurs the lines between the Fallen and the Supernal world. The sort of things legends are made from.

Comment

Working...
            X