Legacy Optional Attainment Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy Optional Attainment Question

For optional Attainments in a Legacy, if it's not something that replicates an effect from your Ruling Arcanum, do you need to spend a point of Mana to get it to go? I'm just curious on how to implement the ins and outs of Legacies before I ask my ST to join one.

Optional Attainments typically do not require a mana to activate.

Comment

If you read the attainment section closely, you'll see that an attainment from a legacy is an internalized Praxis. You can have a Praxis from a non-Ruling arcana, and you don't need mana to cast it, unless the spell has an inherent mana cost such as Incognito. So you take that bit about the Praxis, and apply it to the attainment, if you have Mind as a non-ruling arcana then you do not need to pay mana to activate a Mind attainment unless it has a built in mana cost like Incognito, and the reason for that is because an attainment works like a Praxis with a more rigid, pre-defined effect.

Comment

Why does Incognito require Mana btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
          I guess it has to do with the effect stretching beyond the subject to everyone who'd perceive the subject. It's not just the subject becoming invisible. It's everyone else who ignores the presence of the subject.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
            It's because it auto-succeeds at stealth against people.

Comment

Working...
            X