Actions and locations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actions and locations

Simple set-up: two mages, a man and a woman, one with Life 3, one without. The first wants to heal the second, and they go to a part of a forest with trees and underbrush, and spend an hour having enjoyable sex, on the idea that there's nothing more symbolic of Life that the act which can engender it, and few places more symbolic of growth a healing than a coniferous forest. I have no problem with the environment Yantra applying, I'm just wondering if the sex can count as a Yantra, or if it's just a fun way to pass the casting time (assuming the healing isn't a Rote using Expression).

The sex doesn’t count as a Yantra, unless it’s somehow necessary as part of employing a mudra for a Rote.

Comment

That would be an interesting mudra...

Comment

Theoretically it could apply as a sort of Sacrament or Material Sympathy Yantra if you feel like being generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
          The sex doesn’t count as a Yantra, unless it’s somehow necessary as part of employing a mudra for a Rote.
          That's got to be the worst or the best sex act ever if it's over after a turn. Unfortunately, Mudras usually don't have any actual uses beyond that of a Yantra. They're mnemonics based on Skills, but they're not applications of those Skills.

Originally posted by Arduras View Post
          Theoretically it could apply as a sort of Sacrament or Material Sympathy Yantra if you feel like being generous.
          Both of these are defined as objects while having sex is an action. Still, having sex might lead to the creation of a possible sacrament or sympathetic Yantra in the form of bodily fluids.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Sex could be a legacy Yantra for some kind of life /spirit/Thyrsus legacy.

Using the "extra effort" element to get a +2

Comment

True! Legacies can blow available Yantras out a a bit beyond the usual defined set.

Comment

Seems like a situation made for Down and Dirty Spellcasting.

'Sometimes characters desire to cast spells or create effects that should be easy and require little risk or effort from the mage. Often these spells are effects that the mage creates on a regular basis, and the risk of failure is small and has little to no impact on the drama of the story. Determining spell factor penalties and Yantra bonuses for these kinds of spells is cumbersome. In these cases, just have players roll Gnosis + Arcanum.'

Comment

If it was the girl that did the casting she should propably be able to use the guys... umm excretions as a material symphaty yantra. The other way around could work somehow.too.
                  Last edited by Menace; 06-09-2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                    Seems like a situation made for Down and Dirty Spellcasting.

'Sometimes characters desire to cast spells or create effects that should be easy and require little risk or effort from the mage. Often these spells are effects that the mage creates on a regular basis, and the risk of failure is small and has little to no impact on the drama of the story. Determining spell factor penalties and Yantra bonuses for these kinds of spells is cumbersome. In these cases, just have players roll Gnosis + Arcanum.'
                    Hah, down and dirty sex.

Originally posted by Menace View Post
                    If it was the girl that did the casting she should propably be able to use the guys... umm e̶x̶c̶r̶e̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ bodily fluids as a material symphaty yantra. The other way around could work somehow.too.
                    Emphasis mine. Otherwise we're in 2 girls 1 cup territory. But hey, I'm not kink-shaming. You do you.
                    Last edited by Malus; 06-09-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

If it was the girl that did the casting she should propably be able to use the guys... umm excretions as a material symphaty yantra. The other way around could work somehow.too.
                      I think he'd use his as a sacrament. Or hers for material sympathy. Possibly both, depending on his Gnosis.

Comment

Sex seems like a reasonable Yantra for pretty much any Arcanum, tbh.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                        An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                        Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
                          Sex seems like a reasonable Yantra for pretty much any Arcanum, tbh.
                          Life in particular, I'd say, but there's the question of what type of Yantra it would be. Sex as an action does not fit any Yantra types except Legacy Yantras.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

Emphasis mine. Otherwise we're in 2 girls 1 cup territory. But hey, I'm not kink-shaming. You do you.
                            Tbh If a player asked me if he could do what OP is describing I would propably answer "Yes you can but please, please, please, don't".

Or did I just mess up my english and that's what you're reffering to?

Comment

Tbh If a player asked me if he could do what OP is describing I would propably answer "Yes you can but please, please, please, don't".

Or did I just mess up my english and that's what you're reffering to?
                              "Excretions" refers specifically to biological waste and not just any type of bodily secretions.

Comment

Working...
                              X