X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otherwordly Demesne and Hallows

I was thinking...
    in the mage corebook nothing says that a
    Demesne must be created ONLY in the material world.
    Do you think a mage could open a Shadow Demesne? Or one in the Temenos?

And what about Supernal Verges and Hallows, do you think they may manifest in other realms?

Yep, I'm fairly certain all of these things are possible.

I probably wouldn't allow it in a Lower Depth, but any part of the Fallen World (Underworld, Shadow, Hedge, Astral, etc) would be fair game.

Comment

In a sense a Mage’s Oneiros already functions as an Astral demesne since it’s Paradox free.

Comment

Yeah, the main trouble with otherworldly Demesnes is just that there isn't as much of a point to them — the existing Paradox reduction for the primary otherworlds and the fact that a Demesne only offers its benefits to spells that suit its semiotics means you're often going to be better-served setting up your dedicated ritual space in the material world where you don't have to set up spells allowing you to cross dimensions to be able to make use of it.

Supernal Verges can show up theoretically anywhere, but given the universal tendency of Hallows to form near significant and unique features I wouldn't imagine they're likely to show up in other worlds except in the sense of normal geographical overlap like that found in the Shadow or the Anima Mundi.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
          Yeah, the main trouble with otherworldly Demesnes is just that there isn't as much of a point to them — the existing Paradox reduction for the primary otherworlds and the fact that a Demesne only offers its benefits to spells that suit its semiotics means you're often going to be better-served setting up your dedicated ritual space in the material world where you don't have to set up spells allowing you to cross dimensions to be able to make use of it.

Supernal Verges can show up theoretically anywhere, but given the universal tendency of Hallows to form near significant and unique features I wouldn't imagine they're likely to show up in other worlds except in the sense of normal geographical overlap like that found in the Shadow or the Anima Mundi.
          It is true but the primary otherworlds only reduces the paradox rolls of the corresponding Arcana of 2 dice, a mage could build a Safe place in the Shadow casting the spell Spirit manse and gain greater bonuses also opening a Demesne in this personal reign (summoning supernal entities, astral entry point, greater paradox reduction and yantra bonus for some spells ).

For otherwordly Hallows my greater doubt is that major Hallows are also Nodes and i don t know if Ley Lines could manifest in non material realms
          Last edited by Neos01; 07-06-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

It is true but the primary otherworlds only reduces the paradox rolls of the corresponding Arcana of 2 dice, a mage could build a Safe place in the Shadow casting the spell Spirit manse and gain greater bonuses also opening a Demesne in this personal reign (summoning supernal entities, astral entry point, greater paradox reduction and yantra bonus for some spells ).

For otherwordly Hallows my greater doubt is that major Hallows are also Nodes and i don t know if Ley Lines could manifest in non material realms
            Additionally they don't have to be the same. Nothing says a Demense in the Underworld (which has a reduction for Death Paradoxs) can't be Mind aspected or one in the Shadow can't be aligned with Matter.

Hollows produce Mana, they are worth a short otherworldly jaunt because of that alone, but if you have a Mystery there as well, they can become a kind of base camp.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
            X