Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signs of Sorcery moved out of Development!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be there an Ascension rules? I recently stumbled upon the rules of Prometheans and I literally fell in love with the mechanics of the Pilgrimage.

Comment

Originally posted by OsuNeko View Post
      Will be there an Ascension rules? I recently stumbled upon the rules of Prometheans and I literally fell in love with the mechanics of the Pilgrimage.
      No. The developer posted the outline if you want to see what is in it, though. It's here. I'm looking forward to it. And while I get the joke about it taking a long time, sometimes real life is a fucking monster, and as much as I want my books, I'm not the one spending my life making them, so I fully appreciate the people who are.

If people are eager for more material, the Storyteller Vault has been open for fans to whip up and publish mage products for a while now.
      Last edited by nofather; 03-22-2019, 03:04 AM.

Comment

On to First Proof. It's a coming, people.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Woot woot! That's excellent news!
          Btw, how many proofs does the average book go through?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon777 View Post
            Woot woot! That's excellent news!
            Btw, how many proofs does the average book go through?
            http://theonyxpath.com/how-we-do-wha...meeting-notes/

In that link, Rich Thomas details the steps taken to get a book published from start to finish. How long steps take vary depending on many factors, but proofing seems to be one of the shorter steps (you can see this by watching other books and how long they take to get out of proofing, since we are updated every Monday on their status. Here is what proofing entails (from the link above), and as you can see there's normally two proofs.

An Initial Proof is generated at this point and sent to the developer. Their work is never done, as this is one of the last stages to make sure the book is coming out as they intended. Here they can catch text errors, or formatting errors, or errors introduced by the graphic designer. Generally, the developer shouldn’t be doing the kind of development work like rewriting whole sections at this point unless serious errors are in there because those sorts of large changes can throw off many parts of the GD’s work. Meanwhile, the GD is creating the cover logo and file, and creating, or arranging for the creation of, any special items like character sheets. The Initial Proof of Mage 20th Anniversary Edition output by Satyros Phil Brucato in preparation for commenting:

Much like with the writing drafts, we’ve established over the years that most books benefit from a Second Proof after the GD adds in everything and makes any corrections marked on the First Proof by the dev. Depending on the project, I might also have marked up the Initial Proof, although I prefer to notate and approve the 2nd. If we do things as preferred, the Second Proof is really the Final in-house proof and should contain everything we intended. But if not, or there are just tons of changes to it, we can do a third or fourth proof as needed. The first edition of Vampire: the Requiem had eighteen proofs and almost killed Pauline, our GD on the project. We don’t want that to happen again. Either here or after the next stage, we submit the PDF to CCP for approval as the licensor.

Comment

Working...
            X