Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signs of Sorcery moved out of Development!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omegaphallic
    started a topic Signs of Sorcery moved out of Development!!!

Signs of Sorcery moved out of Development!!!

I've been looking forward to this book, so that makes me happy.

• Tambov
    replied
    Status update Dave Brookshaw only knows.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Post editing developments my friends.

Leave a comment:

• The Throne
    replied
    Originally posted by Falcon777 View Post

I probably wouldn't check back for significant news until February, at least; maybe not even until May. If something comes in, great, but it's probably still going to be a while.
    Thanks you, it will be a gift for later, than.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon777
    replied
    Originally posted by The Throne View Post
    Any news? No hope for this year, i mean.
    I probably wouldn't check back for significant news until February, at least; maybe not even until May. If something comes in, great, but it's probably still going to be a while.

Leave a comment:

• The Throne
    replied
    Any news? No hope for this year, i mean.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Sketches are starting to come in it looks like. We are still a long ways off, but small progress is still progress.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    *squints closer at this week's MMN*

...oh hey, it's in Art Direction now. Text is still at Editing, but at least things for art is getting started.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    Yes.

(character minimum limit)
    Can I know if anything else of the nature of those gods is discussed?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet Witch
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    And into editing SofS goes!
    I literally spat my drink when I saw that! So fast, so excited! Eeeeeeee!!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    And into editing SofS goes!

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
    I have been specifically discussing small animal sacrifice, a practice which yields 1 Mana. As I said before, 1 !> 1.
    Yeah. You can spend more than just your gains from Sacrifice. Get out of the headspace of zero net expenditures if you want to make sense of this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• LadyLens
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    "The Mana gained from Sacrifice ignores the spend/Turn limits on Mana if the sacrifice is part of a spell's casting."

Perhaps try algebra, because unless you think n + 1 is equal to 1 at any value of n other than 0, it should not be difficult to see how being able to do a thing to spend more Mana than usual breaks a standard limitation of your magical ability's safe practice.
    I have been specifically discussing small animal sacrifice, a practice which yields 1 Mana. As I said before, 1 !> 1. Now as for a human sacrifice, since a human normally has 7 Integrity and thus yields 7 Mana, does human sacrifice suddenly become non-hubristic at Gnosis 7, since at that point you're only channel the normal possible amount of Mana? This seems foolish, but it's the direct logical consequence of stating that sacrifice is hubristic because it allows the breaking of normal Mana channeling limits.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    It could potentially be extremely powerful, but it's also extremely niche.
    So is destroying a soul as a sacrament. That doesn't change the fact that it's a thing that allows you to exceed safe limits at the risk of your ability to contain and control your magic in the long term. "It's niche" doesn't act as a counter to anything about "you're cracking your soul open a little to let you do better at magic" as a response to "what is it about killing things for magic juice that damages your ability to control your magic?"

How often do you ritually sacrifice animals for mana in situations where you couldn't take an extra turn to spend one more mana?
    About as often as I find myself needing to Reach beyond my normal means and minimize Paradox. Ideally that's not often, but the resource-juggling game of 2e operates under a framework where most of the innate problems it offers are for when you're stretched thin and have limited access to ideal casting circumstances for your desired outcome. The limit-breaker effect as presented is more immediately useful for human sacrifice, but the Mana you get has the same benefit regardless of source.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    To join main topic with sub topic - I looking for more info HOW to run 2E Wisdom, as it is weakest described mechanics in 2E corebook. 😉

Leave a comment:

Working...
X