Looking for suggestions - Chicago Chronicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for suggestions - Chicago Chronicle

I'm looking at kicking off a new Chronicle in Chicago. I really like the Egyptian theme adventure in the book. One of the suggestions is that the events kick off based on something the characters did or didn't do. I'd like to come up with some Egyptian themed ideas but I'm having a hard time cooking a few things up. I wanted to have several ways it could begin so as to not force only one direction any suggestions would be appreciated.

There's some interesting developments that tie into that first chronicle in Chicago. Upuaut, the Opener of the Way, is also Garm, the God-Killer, secondborn of Destroyer Wolf, from Werewolf the Forsaken. Garm is 'one of the first spirits of war to ever walk the world,' and their origin and destination alone can open up a lot of investigations, especially as his appearance is often a foreshadowing of war. There are further connections with Upuaut and Egypt coming in the upcoming Dark Eras book, which you can see hints of here.

Alternatively the other obvious route would be to go with Mummy. While not technically Egyptian, they are inundated with Egyptian trappings and that can be a mystery for mages to look into on their own.

Then you have the potential abyssal intrusions caused by the whole Upuaut affair in Chicago. There's the broadcasts from the Abyss and Disciples of Nehjarra, which could lead to some sort of Abyssal miracle birth. The disruptions may have shaken some Supernal verges into place, echoing an ancient Egyptian temple that's doomed to fall and become a conduit to the Abyss because Egypt isn't supposed to be in Chicago.

Comment

Also, I would note that the Prince of 100,000 Leaves was originally summoned by Egyptian mages and that the Abedju Cipher SAS adventure is based around an Egyptian Exhibit.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
        Also, I would note that the Prince of 100,000 Leaves was originally summoned by Egyptian mages and that the Abedju Cipher SAS adventure is based around an Egyptian Exhibit.
        I forgot about the original summoners of the Prince. Thanks for pointing out the SAS I forgot I had that.

Comment

Btw, in my original Mage chronicle I made the Abedju Cipher the item that could number the Prince's Fragments so that they could be arranged in sequence. I had Zechariah Crowther attend the Exhibit in search of the artifact as well and he ran into the characters socially before the Seer heist.

Comment

Working...
          X