Moros a bit limited?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Pretty sure you'd be targeting the group of people that are in the room that you're trying to disperse, not the social cohesion itself.
    Actually now that I think about it, the way some Knowing and Unveiling spells work, you'd possibly be targeting yourself, to grant the ability to perceive such things.

Something along the lines of Perfect Timing, in that you could take a turn to "aim" in order to add potency to mundane actions that destroy, corrode, damage, or end the thing being acted upon.

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

Which means you can "end" them, not their social cohesion.

That would certainly bring an end to the party lol.

Personally I'm of the opinion that there are several ways Death could be used to disperse a social gathering, destroying the social cohesion holding the group together is not one of them.

Getting a ghost start spreading emotional responses in the guests is likely to be just as effective, and well within the purvey of Death.

To me though, disrupting social cohesion is clearly Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TenguGrib View Post

That would certainly bring an end to the party lol.

Personally I'm of the opinion that there are several ways Death could be used to disperse a social gathering, destroying the social cohesion holding the group together is not one of them.

Getting a ghost start spreading emotional responses in the guests is likely to be just as effective, and well within the purvey of Death.

To me though, disrupting social cohesion is clearly Mind.
        I don't disagree. I think this does show that whatever death can do, with some limited exceptions, the other arcana can do better.

I would really like to play a death focused moros; I just need to know how best to do my spooky business.

Comment

Become the ghost master

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

As I said earlier, with Death 2 (and the Shadow Sculpting Rote) you're Shadow Lass. All you need is one shadow to start from, which is hardly difficult. And that's just one fairly low level application. Death 3 (and Ghost Gate), you're Shadow Lass and Phantom Girl rolled into one. And that's not considering anything else, such as Forensic Gaze (ultimate pathologist).

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy Joe View Post

I don't disagree. I think this does show that whatever death can do, with some limited exceptions, the other arcana can do better.

I would really like to play a death focused moros; I just need to know how best to do my spooky business.
              Sounds like you ignored all the good suggestions in this thread. I have a Death focused Moros in one of my games and he's up to plenty of spooky business.

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy Joe View Post

Bitching about the fact that Death has some limits is not the right mindset to be in to take advantage of its numerous assets.

Death can’t do Mind things as well as Mind can. Shock! Le gasp! Guess what? Forces can’t tell ghosts what to do.

Comment

If you dont like Death, focus on Matter or pick another Path.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                    If you dont like Death, focus on Matter or pick another Path.
                    I think that's how I'll go. I love the moros aesthetic, so I think a matter focus is more the thing.

I do appreciate many of the suggestions. I think for me to really understand how it would work in game I'd have to play or read a good AP following a moros.

Comment

Working...
                    X