Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fate's Purvey of Intentions and what does it mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon777
    replied
    The Divine Intervention spell gives you a new aspiration if it is a goad and directly hinders you if it is a ban. I would say that's interacting directly with intentions. It's definitely manipulation instead of absolute control, but it's definitely interacting with it.

Leave a comment:

• TenguGrib
    replied
    Wait why did no one call me on my glaring and repeated typo? Purvey should be Purview in all instances.

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
    I could see a Fate Knowing spell telling you whether someone is being sincere or acting in good faith when they say something. Think of all the fairy tales where someone gets into trouble because of a hastily made promise or because something they say is taken literally or because etiquette is broken.
    So comparing current actions with intent and looking for discrepancies, I like that.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet Witch
    replied
    I've asked for Fate 2 to put intentions on a spell to make it do very simple things that are not intuitive otherwise. A gravity spell that follows its subject to propel them into orbit, and I think the oath type spells already fit this. I agree its still a little lacking but it feels explored.

This topic helps though. knowing someones meaning and intent is something prime lacks. I would definitely love having a prime 2 fate 2 spell that imparts the subject with undeniable good will charisma, or using fate 2 to "parry" an obrimos who us telling the truth but for the wrong intent

Leave a comment:

• lnodiv
    replied
    We've allowed a Fate conjunctional on Divination for the user to be able to account for the effects of changing intentions on the forseen future.

Leave a comment:

• espritdecalmar
    replied
    I could see a Fate Knowing spell telling you whether someone is being sincere or acting in good faith when they say something. Think of all the fairy tales where someone gets into trouble because of a hastily made promise or because something they say is taken literally or because etiquette is broken.

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Forge Destiny grants Aspirations and Obsessions which are things you intend to do. Fate could easily identify those as well. It may also be possible to read what a subject of a Knowing spell intends to do in a scene. Stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X