Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we ok?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are we ok?

    So with the current restructuring at white wolf is Mage the awakening (or any chronicles of darkness game) going to be affected?

  • #2
    I would be very surprised if it did.

    EDIT: And just to be clear, I have zero insight on the matter. But nothing changed for Chronicles other than being rebranded when Paradox purchased the WW properties. I expect that Chronicles will remain untouched since it was already a licensed product.
    Last edited by Second Chances; 11-16-2018, 02:08 PM.


    Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

    Comment


    • #3
      Gotcha thanks chances.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Madman777 View Post
        Gotcha thanks chances.
        Phil Brucato told me he doubts it will happen

        Comment


        • #5
          I imagine that the only way CofD will suffer, as it was not involved at all in the current controversy, is if Paradox ultimately decides the purchase of the IP was a bust, seeks to unload it, and cannot find a buyer. However, that's pretty long-term, if at all.

          Comment


          • #6
            It means that there will likely be other people who green lights new books and have to approve books before they go to print.


            Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by branford View Post
              I imagine that the only way CofD will suffer, as it was not involved at all in the current controversy, is if Paradox ultimately decides the purchase of the IP was a bust, seeks to unload it, and cannot find a buyer. However, that's pretty long-term, if at all.
              I have a hard time seeing this scenario over not being able to find a buyer for a price they're willing to take the hit on. I can't imagine Rich Thomas would pass up on WoD/CofD/Exalted if Paradox was willing to sell... it would more be a matter of Rich being able to amass the financial resources to get them for what Paradox would want (or can afford... Paradox has money, but not so much that they can write-off selling the IPs for far less than they bought them for after sinking as much resources into WW as they did)..

              Comment


              • #8
                wait what happened? I dont see anything on the front page... is there something I can go read on this?

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's a reference to this announcement:

                  https://www.white-wolf.com/newsblog/...rom-white-wolf

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by branford View Post
                    I imagine that the only way CofD will suffer, as it was not involved at all in the current controversy, is if Paradox ultimately decides the purchase of the IP was a bust, seeks to unload it, and cannot find a buyer. However, that's pretty long-term, if at all.
                    I can think of another way: if Paradox-White Wolf are no longer doing V5 books, OPP is the prime candidate to be tapped for further V5 projects. Resources are prioritized for WoD5 and WoD20, and CofD's release schedule slows further. Good for OPP, maybe not so good for your favorite CofD line.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cielle View Post

                      I can think of another way: if Paradox-White Wolf are no longer doing V5 books, OPP is the prime candidate to be tapped for further V5 projects. Resources are prioritized for WoD5 and WoD20, and CofD's release schedule slows further. Good for OPP, maybe not so good for your favorite CofD line.
                      IIRC, that concern's come up before, and the response has been "that's not how it works". Work on one line is typically not at the expense of work on another.


                      Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It depends on whether the freelance writer/developer would be contracted for multiple books or not. It has happened with different CofD games (but I can't say how much effect that has had, if any) but I think it's even less of an issue since the writers and devs would be less inclined to taking jobs on both CofD and WoD than taking multiple CofD jobs.


                        Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                          It depends on whether the freelance writer/developer would be contracted for multiple books or not. It has happened with different CofD games (but I can't say how much effect that has had, if any) but I think it's even less of an issue since the writers and devs would be less inclined to taking jobs on both CofD and WoD than taking multiple CofD jobs.
                          Taking DaveB as an example, both the Awakening books and the Deviant core have been moving slowly for various reasons, including Dave's personal issues. Neither got slowed down at the other's expense, so far as we know.

                          If a WoD book were quicker through production than a CofD book of equivalent size, it'd be likely because the WoD book had fewer issues in production than the CofD book, which's a thing that happens. It's not saying anything about the priorities involved.


                          Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by marin View Post

                            Taking DaveB as an example, both the Awakening books and the Deviant core have been moving slowly for various reasons, including Dave's personal issues. Neither got slowed down at the other's expense, so far as we know.

                            If a WoD book were quicker through production than a CofD book of equivalent size, it'd be likely because the WoD book had fewer issues in production than the CofD book, which's a thing that happens. It's not saying anything about the priorities involved.
                            I'm completely disinterested in working for a WoD book, whether it's OPP or White Wolf that do it. A couple of freelancers cross over, but that just means we'd hire someone else if a particular one were busy on a WW book at that specific time.

                            If the person at Paradox/White Wolf we send books to for approval changes, I can't see it doing much to the Chronicles' throughput.

                            What *would* have an impact on resources OPP spends on Chronicles? How much WW takes as their license fee. And I can't see that changing. (Nor do I know what it is!)


                            Dave Brookshaw

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Rich says everything should be business as usual.

                              http://theonyxpath.com/hang-around-t...meeting-notes/


                              Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

                              CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X