Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soul co-location and other soul manipulation tricks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Soul co-location and other soul manipulation tricks

    A Death mage with Space 3 could do some pretty interesting tricks with souls. Instead of stealing a soul outright, they could co-locate it so that they can take the soul even while it's still installed inside the owner.

    I also can see some interesting questions regarding sticking the same soul into multiple people. Or multiple souls into the same person.

    Then you also have to start wondering about whether or not they could use the same trick to make a soul-stone without actually cleaving parts of their soul off. To avoid damaging their gnostic potential and also not need to burn a Willpower dot.

    I've also been musing about what would happen if you used Death to fuse a soulstone into a ghost or a zombie. Particularly if Time has been futzed around with such that the ghost or zombie is that of the mage whose soulstone is being fused.

    One really nasty option I've considered is a Banisher using stolen Sleeper souls as a way to "dispel" magic via Disbelief
    Last edited by Lareath; 11-18-2018, 10:31 PM.

  • #2
    Soul stone stuff is coming in SoS. I imagine though that you cannot trick your way out of doing damage to your gnostic potential.

    Whether or not a soul can be counted as both in and out of a person because of Space shenanigans is up to the ST, but the Toronto setting which is overrun by Tremere point to the answer being yes, that's fine. They keep the soul of the Heirarch hostage in a chalice and consume it the moment the Heirarch crosses them, but the Heirarch doesn't suffer from soul loss until or if they consume it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
      Soul stone stuff is coming in SoS. I imagine though that you cannot trick your way out of doing damage to your gnostic potential.

      Whether or not a soul can be counted as both in and out of a person because of Space shenanigans is up to the ST, but the Toronto setting which is overrun by Tremere point to the answer being yes, that's fine. They keep the soul of the Heirarch hostage in a chalice and consume it the moment the Heirarch crosses them, but the Heirarch doesn't suffer from soul loss until or if they consume it.
      Thats what I call soul-crushing consummerism!

      Comment


      • #4
        Same soul in multiple people? Sounds like a Seer/Exarch trick to me. A new form of servitor or maybe the explanation for one of their older servitor types.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 2ptTakrill View Post
          Same soul in multiple people? Sounds like a Seer/Exarch trick to me. A new form of servitor or maybe the explanation for one of their older servitor types.
          That is how the servitor of the Unity works, yeah. They're always identical twins, or triplets, or more, and all share one soul. They all take damage equally, and otherwise reflect each other, but they are hella coordinated and can get teamwork tasks done like nobody's business.

          Comment


          • #6
            So, back in Ascension, there was a thing the Technocracy would do where they would take out the "soul" of a traditionalist and put it in a terminator robot. Might it be possible through soul co-location to animate some sort of construct and work magic through it while keeping your meat body safe at home and disconnecting if whatever sort of sympathetic damage keeps this from being too broken kills you?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
              So, back in Ascension, there was a thing the Technocracy would do where they would take out the "soul" of a traditionalist and put it in a terminator robot. Might it be possible through soul co-location to animate some sort of construct and work magic through it while keeping your meat body safe at home and disconnecting if whatever sort of sympathetic damage keeps this from being too broken kills you?
              Co-locating your soul wouldn't allow you to power a robot, you'd want the Golem spell from Matter 4. It might allow you to use your soul as a Connected Sympathy though so that you could cast via Remote Viewing out of your golem. A better build would probably use the Golem spell from Matter 4, and use Mind 4 Possession to project yourself inside of it and take control. You can even set it on auto-pilot for simple tasks because it should still be able to work the default way a golem does. So you get a finer level of control over your golem body, and your mind is there dragging along enough of your mystical identity to cast spells without using the extra Reach required for Remote Viewing.

              Comment


              • #8
                One Mind, Two Thoughts (with a Reach) should allow you to control two bodies at once.


                Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

                Comment

                Working...
                X