Artifacts, Imbued Items, Enhanced Items, and Grimoires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifacts, Imbued Items, Enhanced Items, and Grimoires

My best friend and I are having trouble understanding Artifacts, Imbued Items, Enhanced Items, and Grimoires and steps on how to create them and use them. I looked at the Homebrew list in the other threads, but they don't seem to be helping.

What I know for sure is that Artifacts are from Supernal Realm, Imbued Items are stored spells created by Mages, Enhanced Items are regular items powered up, and Grimoires have spells and rotes we learn from them.

I would appreciate it if someone can explain how those items are created with examples. Nothing overpowered, just simple ones. Thanks!

Regular Mages don’t make artifacts.

Whenever you cast a spell on an item, like Crucible from Matter 3 you’re creating an Enhanced Item.

Whenever you write a Rote down with Scribe Grimoire at Prime 1 you’re creating a grimoire.

Whenever you imbue a Spell into an item using the rules for Imbue Item you’re creating an imbued item. It could for instance be a wand that allows you to cast fireballs.

Comment

The rules for some of these (Artifacts, Imbued Items, and/or Enhanced Items, I don't remember which ones) will be updated in the upcoming book Signs of Sorcery because the rules from the core book are too unclear.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
        Regular Mages don’t make artifacts.

Whenever you cast a spell on an item, like Crucible from Matter 3 you’re creating an Enhanced Item.

Whenever you write a Rote down with Scribe Grimoire at Prime 1 you’re creating a grimoire.

Whenever you imbue a Spell into an item using the rules for Imbue Item you’re creating an imbued item. It could for instance be a wand that allows you to cast fireballs.

Comes with a side of debilitating Paradox.

But yeah, his summation is accurate. Even the Seers get their Artifacts from Supernal sources (or digging them up from where Exarchs whispered they might be located). The only way of getting new ones brought down would be to summon a Supernal entity and get it to bring one with it, which shouldn't be easy.

I'm glad to hear that they are getting updates in Signs of Sorcery, just one more reason to look forward to that book.

Comment

If I remember correctly it is Grimoires that are getting an update.

Comment

Grimoires will get expanded materials (primarily in new spells for making Grimoires out of weird things) but no rewrite. Doesn't really need it since they work as written and are not that confusing. It's imbued items that will get an update.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

The distinction is quite simple:

Enhanced items have had spells cast upon them.

Imbued items cast spells when certain conditions are met.

An item can be both enhanced and imbued.

Comment

Working...
              X