Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectre9924
    replied
    Thank you very much! I started these Jewish write-ups for a group at my Hillel and it's enjoyable being able to delve into stuff.

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
    What about non-Kohen and non-Levite Awakened?

Very true. I partially overlooked that and just assumed to shoehorn them in with Kohens and Levites and use an excuse like "both are already Proximi" and "they're adopted in". I'm unsure if I wasn't thorough enough, or if there was a place for men to serve. I was going to make them sages, but that wouldn't come up for another century or so. That could work given I allowed the Qedeshah. I'm open to a better term.

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
    Kedeshah refers to the practice of sacred prostitution, not something practiced in Judaism, even if you intend for them to be the outcasts or pre-monotheistic remnants, it seems odd to cast them as prostitutes.
    That's definitely intended to be a throwback to pre-Josiah. They're utterly henotheistic/monolatristic and polytheistic. Kedeshah as a form of sacred prostitution was gone by the time of monotheism and the banning of women in the national cult, but I kinda of mean these ones to be pseudo-radicals for the time period. They'd not only rely on the divine feminine but worship the Israelite deities of antiquity. I'm open to a better term though.
    Last edited by Spectre9924; 12-15-2018, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    What about non-Kohen and non-Levite Awakened?

Kedeshah refers to the practice of sacred prostitution, not something practiced in Judaism, even if you intend for them to be the outcasts or pre-monotheistic remnants, it seems odd to cast them as prostitutes.

You switch from using "Kohanim" to using "Kohens" and then back again, I'd just stick with "Kohanim."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

As a Jew I really like the writeups, your Vampire one was excellent, and this one is shaping up pretty well so far. Too often fiction presents a pseudo-Hellenistic view and a Christian view, but no Jewish view, and it's nice to see a fleshed out Jewish view that doesn't shy away from the historic schisms that early Judaism dealt with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X